Tour de Zwift Stage 1 glitchy?

That I don’t know Mike.

But according to Zwift Power there was a few thousand that completed the stage.

1 Like

The problem was 100% on zwifts end. Not all users have to be affected. Many people experienced the same thing. If it wasn’t on zwifts server end then it was a bug in the software were running. As I and others have mentioned our PC’s are plenty powerful enough to run zwift. This was a bug.

2 Likes

Over 11,000 drivers at TDZ cause significant problems at Zwift. Bikes without a driver, helmets, glasses and frames fly through the air, oncoming traffic, a constantly jerky picture and no progress on the route. Although Zwift is aware of these problems, let this large number of riders start at the same time. That’s a No Go! :rage::rage::rage:

3 Likes

I’m not saying it is impossible, but being on the forum long enough I have seen many things.

what are your typical FPS during group rides. You can put your log in Zwiftalizer.com.

I am just trying to get as much info as possible. Was it a certain device or OS that was more prone to these behavior. That will help Zwift fix the problem quicker.

Here’s two videos I recorded today. One was during the tdz and the other was after I had to forcefully restart my PC to get out of the game.

It seemed to be a polling issues with the zwift servers cause even companion app was frozen on my phone.

Edit won’t let me link my YouTube videos. I guess I’m too new of a user.
youtube com/watch?v=NJSFZgYXQh4
youtube com/watch?v=3q0yagUjQi0

Gerrie, curious would you say FPS in group ride vs regular ride would have the same issue? Again my ride on Watopia minutes before was problem free. Coral was fine, start of ride same as all who have described. Not sure why anyone would have gone the distance that way. It was clear it was wonky. No way to quit, no data to push to Strava (I do that automatically via linked accounts).

1 Like

Yes FPS goes down in large groups because the Program has to calculate where every riders is and render the Rider.

This person was in the 11000 rider group. (That was a laptop)

A ver… zwift tiene unos requerimientos mínimos de hardware, no unos mínimos dependiendo del número de corredores, son ellos los que deben optimizar su programa.

Por otro lado… todo a veces falla, confiemos en que se solucione en las siguientes etapas… y si no nos ha registrado esta… a nadie le viene mal un poco de deporte extra jajajaj

What CPU do you have? You never mentioned before.

I did in the post about my gpu. I have a Dell XPS 15 with a core i5. Again never an issue with zwift in the past always plays smooth. Also it doesn’t matter this was not an issue with hardware. My friend has a less powerful PC and it ran fine for him

Your processor (CPU) is what I’m asking about, not the graphics card (GPU). The exact model. It matters.

Contrary to popular belief, in group events Zwift is almost entirely CPU bottlenecked.

1 Like

Another disgruntled rider here! Running Zwift on a basic iPad. 2 of my friends have Apple TV 4K - one worked fine, the other didn’t - seems like it was a lottery whether it worked or not!

Just want to point out that there were not 11,000 riders in your category. You can see in the start pen that there are 6,500 riders in your cat but when you get out on the road there are 11,000. Zwift is showing the total number of riders from all the categories (as well as your position in all those categories) at once. Which is an impressive bug as we were all riding on different worlds.

3 Likes

That’s what I’d expect mine to look like, and matches big events I’ve done in the past like the Haute Route. :+1:

Same here, so much hype, such a poor delivery on scaling up the resources required to deliver.

This was a ridiculous fail.

Is there any hope that repeating stage 1 will have a better performance.

What about the other stages which will follow?

What about fixing performance related issues, Stage 1 tonight was beyond a joke.

1 Like

Same issue for me worst group ride I have been on in the years I have been riding on Zwift … just a shame it had to be TDZ 2021
I was using Apple TV but it appears some Apple TV users had no issues so seems it was a lottery if you ended up with a ride that was lagging … I had riders riding above me at one stage :joy:

1 Like

I was browsing YouTube and I came across a livestream by Chris Pritchard. His stage starts at -1h18m. Caution, there’s some salty language.

5 Likes

I know I keep banging on about this but other than him saying it’s a ‘£3,000 gaming laptop’, does anyone know what specs he has? Laptops are notoriously susceptible to thermal and power throttling when the going gets tough, and this will be the case even moreso in an unoptimised game like Zwift. Obviously on top of that he’s streaming, taking up tons more CPU resource.

I’m one of the last people to stick up for Zwift but few within all of these complaints have even said what platform they’re on, let alone provided any real context to their poor experience. Zwift is a 3D game. Despite many believing it will run fine on a potato, when you’ve got thousands of riders in the same event, specs matter.

3 Likes