Third Ride

(Noel Nunkovich *USMES*) #1

I spend a bit over an hour lapping the the Island tonight and the experience was much improved. I assume I’m seeing the effects of yesterday’s update. I was actually able to draft both “real” riders and AI riders extensively tonight, something that was impossible previously. Game play seemed a little more smooth as well, but I’m still seeing some choppiness. I’ll be building up a dedicated Zwift machine with a decent graphics card sometime in the next few days so we’ll see what kind of improvement that brings. I also noticed that there were no buildings protruding onto the road tonight as I’ve seen previously.

I did notice one oddity tonight, however. The main thing is that I noticed by my rider and, a few other times, other “real” riders suddenly swerving eratically all over the road. I’ve never seen that happen before.

Last, I left my Garmin off as an experiment so I could upload the Zwift data to Strava/Garmin Connect/et al. I haven’t set Strava or anything up previously so after the ride, but before I saved, I poked around a little to see where that’s accomplished. I was unsuccessful however. I didn’t spend too much time on it but it wasn’t immediately obvious to me where to go to set up Stava connections and the like.

(Allan Watkins) #2

In your documents folder under zwift activities you’ll find the .fit files you can upload to strava which are the same file type your Garmin records

(Noel Nunkovich *USMES*) #3

One other little issue I forgot to mention. I started up the Zwift client, woke up and connected all my devices (power meter, HR strap, etc) and was ready to start my ride but I got interrupted by a last minute “honey-do” item. My on-screen rider was sitting idle when I walked out of the room. I came back about 20 minutes later to start the ride but my rider wouldn’t start. My guess is that all my ANT+ devices went back to sleep and disconnected from Zwift while I was gone. It appeared as though Zwift didn’t or couldn’t reconnect once I actually started my ride. I ended up having to just close and reopen the client to resolve the issue.

(Allan Watkins) #4

@Noel, I just noticed that today as well, I had some problems getting it going after the latest update and just gave it a zwift kick in the bum by uninstalling / reinstalling the software and it works. But I don’t know if that’s a new thing since the patch or if it’s always been that way. Either I didn’t notice it previously or wasn’t away from my PC long enough for things to disconnect.