Support Indoor Bike: Schwinn IC4 - Bowflex C6 - Schwinn IC8 (Europe)

Ok I have an update. I did the calibration process that was posted here. So it appears my max resistance setting was too low. I could still turn the knob 1 or 2 times after the console read 100 resistance when it says you should only be able to give it a quarter turn.

So now if I repeat my resistance setting and cadence from before I still get the same wattage output but it is more difficult of an effort to do so. How does it compare to other power meters I can’t tell you. But it is more difficult which is a start.

Can I still do that up the Alpe du Zwift? I don’t know. I really didn’t feel like punishing myself like that today. I’ll have to build up the willpower to try again another time.

A final note for others with the Schwinn IC4 (probably the other models too) when you are doing the calibration for the max resistance it says to turn the knob all the way and then back a quarter turn. But this gave me a rubbing noise when at a 100. So I did it again but I stopped at the point where the rubbing noise began and then went back a quarter turn from there. Now my 100 resistance setting is noise free. Also be careful because it says you can only recalibrate a total of 3 times.

I hope this helps. And if anyone has comparison numbers between a properly calibrated schwinn and other power meters I’d love to see them.

4 Likes