Sikh Cycling Network (Sikh Avatars)

We are SCN, Sikh Cycling Network.

SCN is based upon the Sikh principle of ਸਰਬੱਤ ਦਾ ਭਲਾ (Sarbaht dah Phahla) “Blessings for everyone” and it is with this very principle that we are here to encourage all to get involved in cycling safely.

SCN is more than a club. We are a supportive Sikh community that has come together for the people, in a sport we are vastly under-represented in. We are here to bring awareness to cycling within the Sikh and wider cycling community.

A request to ZWIFT HQ to introduce more diversity on their cycling platform. Avatars that look like us Sikhs who wear turbans and grow their beards would be an amazing start. To get an idea of how we look you may visit and follow our Instagram Page here: @sikhcyclingnetwork

We welcome the conversation.

Thanks
Team SCN

I would like to echo the comments above. I would love to see more Avatars that look like Sikhs in the interest of Diversity and Inclusion. Also this would encourage more people to sign up for Zwift .

1 Like

I’m very happy to support this - I’m sure there are many Sikh and non-Sikh Zwifters who would like more beard choices and I’m all for any new headwear which makes it easier to tell people apart in a group ride.

When it comes to diversity, some people are sometimes scared to ask questions for fear of offending, so I appreciate you encouraging the conversation. I’m interested to know who you feel should be able to wear turbans in Zwift and do you have any concerns regarding non-Sikhs wearing them? Do you think turbans should be something anyone could choose from their first Zwift ride, or something which should be locked until a Zwifter completes something like a “Sikh Celebration ride” or enters a promo code (a bit like a jersey unlock)?

Best of luck with this.

1 Like

Hi @Jassa_Singh welcome to Zwift forums.

Shuji at Zwift HQ here. Thank you for speaking up for the Sikh Zwift community. Your comments have been passed along to my colleagues.

I visited your Insta page and am pleased to see Punjabi women cyclists in your group. Beards and culturally-specific turbans are important of course, but when we do offer more avatar options (it’s an ongoing project), it’s important that we include all genders.

4 Likes

Hi @shooj Thank you for your reply.

Thats fantastic to know its a on-going project, we look forwards to the project completion.

We are more than happy to help assist in anyway moving forwards in this on-going project, so please do not hesitate to reach out to us anytime on: info@sikhcyclingnetwork.com

This we believe is a great initiative to increase awareness to the cycling community about Sikhs around the world.

Regards
Jassa Singh.