Racing score mean score and more

Would be helpful during the race if you can see the mean/average scores of all the riders.

Also if the game can color label riders.

• Light to dark red for sprinters.
  • Light to dark blue for strong ftp riders.

It’s only a good race if you know if the guy you are trying to drop is a good sprinter. No point going on a long range attack if the guy is a professional time trialist.

1 Like

Personally I like to retain the risk and uncertainty in those decisions rather than make the event more algorithmic

But then it’s like playing Pokemon game with no knowledge. Imagine you see Pikachu and don’t know he is immune to electric attacks and you are there wasting all your power on electric attacks.

That would be like doing a long range attack against a strong ftp rider.

Talking selfishly as a sprinter, I don’t really need an additional target on my back by being lit up in red when already at a ~1w/kg FTP deficit.

1 Like

Excellent, more like a bike race. You either know something about a rider or you don’t. Gamble for the win.

4 Likes

I fall between the two poles, I like a little background info on the competition but I like to get the old fashioned way ----- through Zwiftpower event sign ups pages. (I know not everyone is on Zwiftpower but enough are.) I think highlighting user’s strengths and weaknesses in game would be too much but for those willing to spend 10 minutes on Zwiftpower you can get a pretty good lay of the land. That’s probably the ZRL team DS in me. I like that one has to do a little bit of digging, remembering, and experiencing.

1 Like

I used to do the same sort of thing, sign up and then look at the 20min and 15s power stats on zwiftpower to see what the field is like

1 Like

And here’s me signing up 5 minutes before the start of the race wondering what the route will be like.

4 Likes

Speaking selfishly as a non-Sprinter it would be really useful to have a target on all sprinters backs so we know who to try and drop before the sprint, who not to lead out in the sprint and what wheels to try and latch onto in the sprint :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No oh God No lol

How will I know whom to tow to the line

2 Likes