Race Like a Champ series schedule

Last time I missed the last stage because I trusted on what was written in the event description as date schedules.
Now, I looked if I could sign in for the Race like champ on Friday (the event says untill 3 March), but the last available schedule is on Thursday (29th Feb).
Am I missing something?
Cheers

Good spot, no sign of Race Like A Chump from Friday onwards on zwift companion.

Zwift Games series starts on Friday.

1 Like

Yep, looks like the Zwift Games has taken precedence over the monthly series. It’d be great if this was communicated by zwift at any point.

3 Likes

Yes good spot. Probably need to tag @manda_F or @shooj into this thread. I’m sure if this is not corrected there will be quite a few Friday-Sunday racers who are going to be upset they can not complete this 4 week/month long mission.

2 Likes

I have just checked on Zwift Riders Facebook page and James has posted that he has actually removed the Friday - Sunday Race like a Champ races so that they don’t clash with Zwift Games races.

I have posted asking whether racers, especially Friday - Sunday racers will be notified/warned.

5 Likes

I just wanted to bring this awareness as i was planning to do on Friday, but i checked and couldnt find anything on the companion app.
thanks everyone!

1 Like

Heads up for any zmonthly racers, today (Thurs 29th Feb) is the final day of Race Like A Chump (Feb), despite description info suggesting it will be available as normal until Sunday evening.

I didn’t find this post until searching for the events tonight. It’s still 2/29 here but no Race like a Champ events are available. Why would someone at Zwift think this is okay when customers are expecting to complete the last race and earn the mission badge?

2 Likes

Very disappointing!

4 Likes

Wow. Bad bad bad decision here. Seemingly avoidable in so many ways.

4 Likes

I’m in this boat too. I’ve been doing a race every Friday and now I have not way to complete the series or get the badge.

Bad move Zwift. You let us down.

2 Likes

This is an utter disappointment! Seriously Zwift? What a joke!

2 Likes

On needed recovery days after 2 months of hard riding and planning on the 4th race Fri or Sunday morning. Gone when I did the other three in the series. Annoying, it is what is and just have to take it, Moving on to next ZG series and CT races.

2 Likes

After the last one, I’m always checking in the companion app if the race will be available in the upcoming days. …at least is a way to be sure

1 Like

I wonder if this is true. They must have made this decision recently so events may have originally been scheduled for this weekend and then removed. You could check that they’re scheduled but discover they’ve removed when you actually go to race. I just can’t fathom someone thinking this was okay to do.

5 Likes

Stage 4 dates are showing Feb26-Mar3 on ZwiftInsider as well:

2 Likes

Feb 26 to March 3 were showing in the event descriptions up to Feb 29 too, and are still showing on the event event icon on the zwift home screen.

2 Likes

That was the original plan but James said the last days were cancelled to avoid overlap with the Zwift Games. That’s probably as official an answer as you’ll get.

This is hard to believe. The company that successfully gamifies bike riding / exercise changes the rules of the game out from under people. I wonder how indieVelo handles this stuff…

2 Likes

@James_Zwift @shooj ??