Race Like a Champ series schedule

James isn’t on here anymore but he did post this on the Zwift Riders FB Group…

2 Likes

Was that just an announcement for people in the FB group, or was that made anywhere else too?

1 Like

I’m not on FB, and this forum is the first place I caught wind of it, after it disappeared from my events.

That was just an answer to someone on the FB group equivalent of this thread. Haven’t seen it anywhere else. Why they’d have him shift to Facebook and not be on the actual Zwift forums doesn’t make sense to me.

1 Like

And in particular why is it only on a FB group with the description “Welcome to Zwift Riders! This is an unofficial fan group. The official Zwift facebook is here https:l/ www.facebook. com/gozwift/”

1 Like

There was no announcement anywhere, it was just an answer to a question about the missing events. I would have liked doing this one because it was a rare ZHQ event on a good route, but I’ll be OK. There are some community races this weekend that will be hard enough.

I highly recommend the DZR Zwifty Fifty series. Not sure I can make it this week but it’s on a similar route with 3x NY KOM.

Zwift are admins of that “unofficial” group, so… :man_shrugging:

It seems like a reasonable compromise would have been to just cut down on the the ZRacing events, like just run one every 4 - 6 hours. People that really care will find a ZRacing event. People that don’t will probably jump in the Zwift Games instead.

3 Likes

The Zwift.com page for Race Like a Champ says the series runs through to March 3rd. So does the button on the app’s splash page. Because I was unable to ride this past week, I hoped to catch the last stage today (March 1st), so I clicked the app’s button, but it produced no results. And there seems to be no more Race Like a Champ events in the list on Zwift.com. Was the schedule changed?

Yes the last few days of events in that series were deleted to avoid overlap with the Zwift Games.

Yep - canceled it on us:

https://forums.zwift.com/t/race-like-a-champ-series-schedule/626116/11?u=tdfischer

Why did the February race stop early? This is a joke right… I was aiming for the Mission Badge, but it seems that’s no longer possible. I find this situation very disrespectful, Zwift.

2 Likes

So much for completing that series. I set up my week expecting to ride Knickerbocker today. Guess I’ll try the Games, instead.

This was totally avoidable. I guess Zwift figured it didn’t matter if they ticked off people that enjoyed the badge challenge. Disappointed and surprised there was no announcement.

1 Like

It’s unacceptable that Zwift decided to end the race series earlier than the advertised date. I was out of country for a week and would have completed my final race today, just to realise that the races are no longer available as an event. Finding this forum confirmed that the series have been prematurely ended.

Not cool… not cool Zwift.
Collecting the badges is one thing, but completing a series is why I enter these series. To push myself to perform better in the next event in the series…

NOT COOL!!!

2 Likes

Heck, they could have even just announced that this was happening two weeks ago and then done the same thing they did. That would have been a world better.

2 Likes

Just set the bike up ready to complete the final race and see they’ve gone. Can’t even begin to describe how annoying this is. Well done Zwift on annoying a huge number of customers.

2 Likes

I’m fine with a company trying to make money. That’s why they exist. But there didn’t need to be an overlap between these two events. Just end one early from the start. Or announce the change when you realize it needs to be made.

2 Likes

So basically you cant trust the Zwift game dates (or any other dates for that matter either) as events can get removed without any official notice whatsoever. They’re confident that people won’t be annoyed enough to leave.

I´m disappointed at Zwift here as this would be a very easy thing to fix - Its litterally all in their own hands.

Come om Zwift, reinstate the last event please and let people race the last stage!

3 Likes

This is the least they have to do

1 Like