PIP support for Apple TV TVOS 13

In TV OS 13 of Apple TV is PIP (picture in picture) prepared. The TV app can already be displayed as a PIP. It would be great if you ride Zwift and can watch a movie on the side. Also, it would be nice if the movie is running in full screen mode and Zwift is displayed as a PIP.

I fully agree, this is something that is missing. I wonder why others are not craving for that. May be more users should give their support via this forum.

2 Likes

Adding another vote for this… My personal preference is to run some entertainment as full screen - Netflix, Prime Video, HBO, etc. Then, have Zwift in the PiP window - ideally having options to choose the size and flip the foreground/background views on demand.

I currently run Netflix on my AppleTV and Zwift on my iPad.

2 Likes

Plus 1 vote!

My request is now slightly different (since tvOS 14 is out) but still makes sense to reply in here, I think.
I tried the new PiP feature of tvOS 14 and was on AppleTV+ pip’ed watching a great episode of Long Way Up and then started Zwift. What happened? Sound was gone. So my request for the Zwift app would just be that it detects (somehow) there’s a PiP window running and (gives you the option to?) makes no sound so to not interfere with the media being played, now that would be great! And hoping the Eurosport app gets updated to support PiP so I can be riding on Zwift while watching (and hearing) cycling on the same TV!

1 Like

Yes, another vote here. Now that Apple tvOS 14 supports PIP for all apps this is #1 on my feature list.

1 Like

Plus one million. Make Zwift fully PIP capable for AppleTV. It should have the ability to be the large or small window, and, have the ability to take over the sound or not as the user selects.

1 Like

Yes please! I was wondering whether this can be done. Recently bought Apple TV mainly to make my Zwift set up cleaner and and quicker to start my rides. Now I would love to watch something while Zwifting :+1:t2:

1 Like