Output wattage seems too low

I too have been experiencing crazy sessions with zwift and tacx smart for the last 3 weeks. Have latest zwift loaded, always calibrate trainer before each ride but three times now I have abandoned ride my last session was fine but same old problems reoccurred today. Low power and also today crazy resistance going downhill

I’m sick and tired of it, no guarantees i will have a good session. Puts me in a foul mood for the rest of the day .

I’m certain its a zwift issue. Resistance on trainer app feels appropriate and similar to when I believe zwift to be working correctly

First time posting on Zwift Forums, so I’m not sure if it’s okay to create new threads for previously discussed items, so I’m commenting here because I am struggling with a power issue.

Before I start out, I am using dumb Tacx rollers, and Wahoo Cadence and Speed sensors, so I am already very aware I’m not going to get an accurate read because I’m using absolutely budget items. And to poke the fire, I’m riding a fixed gear so I know it’s not a standard Zwift Session.

I’d like to consider myself an average rider, but I have to absolutely sprint to get to 100 watts. With my setup being super budget, I wasn’t expecting close to accurate, but I’ve 75 avg watts per ride at this point. Do you think non supported rollers would cause me to get this low of a wattage? I’m not upgrading my zwift package because I’m just crushing myself on rollers to get 80 watts out.

I’ve been through the standard items of maxing out my tire pressure and verifying I’m connecting blue tooth wise, I’ve tried connecting the items via iPhone, iPad, Macbook, iMac, Apple TV. All updated software.

If I posted in the wrong place let me know where I should go! Haven’t used online forums in forever and was getting lost looking for the right info. I imagine people have posted the same thing many times and know how frustrating this may appear. Any help appreciated.

Any solution found??? The good ride/bad ride deal super sucks!!!

Hi @JOdy_Nathan, welcome to the forums. What issue are you having specifically? Please be very detailed and include all devices and equipment you use for zwift as well as how you connect (Bluetooth or ant+)

2 Likes

Hello, I just got the Zwift membership and jumped on the first ride. I noticed immediately that my watts are about 100 units less on Zwift then on my Garmin device. The HR monitor and cadence meter are spot on. I am on a stationary bike. Do you have any idea what I need to adjust potentially to match the wattage? Does it have to do with the inclines? But even on 0% the watts don’t match. I normally get over 200 watts and with Zwift I barely got above 140. Any insight is appreciated. Thank you! Alex

Is this a spin bike? How are you measuring your power/watts?

Yes a spin bike. I use a power meter pedals.