Option to turn off ride leaders comments

is it possible to turn off the ride leaders comments in group rides?

Seems like a fence has been introduced during my time away from Zwift and with the introduction of the fence ride leaders have switched from moaning about flyers every 2 minutes to moaning about ‘fence lickers’ instead.

I love riding in a group but it seems ride leaders enjoy moaning and it doesn’t matter what position you are within the group you still get all the comments.

set: show group-chat “hide”

Is this within the settings area? I will look next time im logged in. I’m after turning off comments across the middle of my screen from ride leaders rather than general chat in smaller text which is easily ignored.

Maybe time to choose a different group ride. Not all leaders are complainers :wink::wink:

8 Likes

totally agree Sarah :wink:

4 Likes

This one made me laugh! Not the post, but the original poster’s felt need for it! True leaders rarely are ever heard complaining by those they lead.

" Private Reiben : Oh, that’s brilliant, bumpkin. Hey, so, Captain, what about you? I mean, you don’t gripe at all?

Captain Miller : I don’t gripe to you, Reiben. I’m a captain. There’s a chain of command. Gripes go up, not down. Always up. You gripe to me, I gripe to my superior officer, so on, so on, and so on. I don’t gripe to you. I don’t gripe in front of you. You should know that as a Ranger." [Saving Private Ryan]

(I was a Captain once as well :slight_smile: )… of course in Zwift is there anyone for a “leader” to gripe up to?

2 Likes

I’ve been on 100k rides where the leader was complaining about flyers throughout the ride even the last few kilometres, I had hoped that the introduction of the fence would put a stop to that but in the very first group ride I do since it’s introduction the same thing happens only fence lickers are the new enemy.

Says me having a gripe up the chain to any ride leaders who may be listening :grinning:

1 Like

this would quickly have an end if zwift would change the way it woks if the leader would always be the fence no one would outrun him because the fence just stays in line with the leader like in reality not miles away from the leader. i would even automatically set group rides as fenced! :thinking::wink:

2 Likes

it is called group rides how simple is that? the name is programm.
i always join 2 wpk group rides to skip endless time solo in the saddle by chatting with other zwifters.
often times the group ride is advertised as 1 - 2.5 wpk but soon the race mode on some guys is rushing them and the pace goes beyond 3 wpk. funny thing many leaders give a f*ck or even change their programm at start, are unable to use fence, or just making jokes about those who would more likely follow the ride as advertised. its very negative experience for many riders and the whole ride is focusing more on chasing and less on riding … often times new users don’t understand whats going on. i wonder how you could stop this madness?

i would prefer automatically created group rides following a ghost rider which is pedaling at the advertised pace.

1 Like

The “Show/Hide” option has to be chosen when not riding? Or can this be toggled on/off any time such as when in the middle of a ride?

Problem I have had with Leader comments is that they’re plastered right in the middle, often covering the already difficult to see sprint/KOM segment starting lines. Any thought to just moving leader comments up the screen a little bit off of the road ahead, and/or shrinking the font size a bit?