One Zwift For ALL

Sounds like you have a guilty conscience.

5 Likes

Thank you for being reflective during these troubled times. Appreciate your willingness to Improve if/where needed.

16 Likes

Wow! I can’t believe the number of negative comments. As a older white male I haven’t perceived that Zwift has much to improve, but of course I wouldn’t. I applaud you for your commitment to improving since all of us can do better.

34 Likes

Two ideas. Organize a memorial ride. Second, recognize that people of low income are priced out of cycling. The wonderful benefits that cycling brings to us all (including health, friendships and mutual respect) are unknown and unavailable to minority communities. Show leadership. And think creatively about projects that expand the wonders of cycling and Zwift to those in need.

24 Likes

Thank you Zwift. Can’t avoid politics. Taking an anti racist stand Is essential to empowering everyone to enjoy Zwift.
Please! More skin colours, facial shapes and hair options for our avatars, so they can better mirror the variety of human beings that exist in equality on this planet.

30 Likes

I never thought Zwift to be a racist organization, yet here you are apologizing for being one. Cycling used to be a sport that united people from all backgrounds around the world, yet Zwift wants to change that? I wish Zwift had stayed out of the divisiveness of politics and instead just focused on riding. It’s a cartoon avatar, for gosh sake! It’s a bike ride! Zwift could have served to help unite people— what we have in common— what a wasted opportunity!

16 Likes

A memorial ride or/and a ride to celebrate diversity would be amazing.

12 Likes

Zwift HQ,

Thank you for trying! I’ve been a member for years now, and it still amazes me that so many people are against trying to do something meaningful to stop the unjust killing of black people, specifically by law enforcement in America. Oh, let’s get one thing straight, killing black people has nothing to do with politics… it’s just wrong, period! But let’s not act like it’s only America that black people find adversity just for being black. In Europe, black futbol “soccer” players get racist threats all the time, and it’s well documented. Acting as if someone who brings attention to the issue of indiscriminate killing of black people is the real racist just says you don’t mind being part of the problem. It saddens me that people are so against equal treatment under the law. So, again I commend you for taking a bold stand and doing what you felt was right in this climate. I do believe history will look favorably upon you.

V/r

Jerry Freeman

30 Likes

I’m proud of you Zwift!! We all watch with horror the events of George Floyd and wonder how can I sit here and basically do nothing, even though I totally believe and always try to act out in diversity and inclusion regardless of colour, it’s obvious that’s not been enough. I am a privileged white boy, and I don’t feel the least bit guilty for it, nor should I, but it’s obvious that many privileged white folk have a superiority complex. When I look back at my ancestry I don’t see or have to imagine slavery, lyncing , segregation or living in fear of any kind. We white folk have not a bloody clue, and shouldn’t for a second think we do. Zwift can do whatever they want with their money and if it’s supporting anti racism efforts then give er. Change is always hard, especially when it comes to me and how I see things. White superiority reigns and it’s sickening. Zwift you have my blessing. Not that it’s needed.

19 Likes

Totally concur. Zwift needs to concentrate on the reason we all are dedicated subscribers in a crowded indoor training community. I have never felt that Zwift is a racist company and needs to become involved with the politics of today’s issues. We are all of one mindset - we are here to train using Zwift as our platform. We follow others regardless of race or gender. PLEASE ZWIFT, USE OUR SUBSCRIPTION DOLLARS FOR WHAT YOU AGREED TO, WHEN WE SIGNED UP…JUST LET US RIDE AND PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR LOYAL USERS WITH A GREAT SYSTEM WITH NEW AREAS TO RIDE…PLEASE!!!

14 Likes

Best thing I have read all day! My inbox is full of Corporations apologizing for existing. I had not received one from Zwift…until this afternoon…your reply made me smile! Nice! Ride On!

2 Likes

God Bless you! Well said. I am a 64 year old mother, grandmother, wife, avid Zwifter and cyclist. I never thought I would see the torching of America. I have received numerous groveling Corporate emails filled with pandering statements and self flagellation. Unreal. I want Zwift to remain just as it is, a great training and social platform.

7 Likes

In the past few weeks during a race zwift has quit on me. I’d like a free month. It really frustrating when racing and towards the end zwift stops working that is what I pay you for. Could you please focus on fixing that and taking care of your customers.

4 Likes

I believe all human life is important, valuable, and should be be cherished. I did not ever consider Zwift to be a racist company. I am very surprised by your email. While I appreciate you trying to help make the world a better place, I can’t help but feel your decision was not well thought out. I do not support the NAACP and would rather see my money go to bettering your product. In the meantime I will consider canceling my subscription.

19 Likes

Out of curiosity what are the competitors?

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback, everybody. We appreciate that this is a controversial, mulitfaceted matter, and we welcome your comments on the steps that Zwift is taking in response to a crisis that’s hit our headquarter city squarely between the eyes.

As this conversation develops, we ask everyone to respect all others in this community, including those whose opinions differ from yours. We invited and expected many diverse opinions. But soliciting differing opinions does not mean we’re allowing an internet comment section free-for-all. We ask everyone to keep it civil, and follow the rules of the Zwift community at large and this forum in particular.

Thank you everybody! Please resume telling us why you love / hate Zwift.

9 Likes

There seems to be a lot of backlash for companies making statements and donations. A lot of consumers state they will take their business elsewhere which is their right. Here are a list of companies that have made donations that may help you decide where to stay away from:

Zillow, Amazon, Disney, Glossier, Home Depot, EA Gaming, Ubisoft, Peleton, NFL, NBA, MLB, Square Enix, Facebook, Apple, Intel, Levi’s, Banana Republic, Microsoft, Netflix, Spotify… I’m sure there’s more

9 Likes

Hi Brett. Look up Trainer Road and Sufferfest. I’ve heard great things about both. From what I’ve heard, Zwift has the best “gamers” experience and has an amazing community. Trainer Road and Sufferfest have better structured workouts, but lack in the community aspect that Zwift has.

2 Likes

I applaud you for taking this step. It’s disappointing to see the blatantly racist posts in response to this. Please ignore them. If people quit your platform for this then good riddance. They are part of the problem - part of the reason black people are getting killed in USA, Canada and elsewhere.
My spouse is a person of colour and when we were setting her up the avatar options were clearly not designed for people of diverse ethnicities, skin colours or hair types. Please could you address this to make it more inclusive and welcoming to non-white people.
Don’t listen to the racists. You are doing the right thing. We all have to look at ourselves and examine our racial biases. Thanks again.

35 Likes

What the hell is wrong with people. Zwift said nothing about political parties or anything the like, only about their renewed and “updated” commitment to being a more socially responsible company. That’s politics??? Good God, they ( and any other company that follow suit) should be applauded. Give your (glaringly white)heads a shake people!!

30 Likes