Nordictrack 1750 and stryd

Welcome, I am using Nordictrack 1750 and stryd for running. There is difference in speed between treadmill and stryd/zwift. Stryd/zwift shows 0,5-0,7 speed higher. I did calibration a lot of times, successful of course. Maybe there is a problem with cadence? I am starting with low cadence 160-164. In some time cadence is changing to 168-172. I am trying even to get 180 but it is not natural for me. So cadence varies during running. Also stride length is changing i suppose. With Garmin pod also there were differences in speed.

Typically the Stryd pod is more accurate for speed and distance and the treadmill is less so. So when there is a difference between pod and mill, trust the pod data.

1 Like

Dear Cecil
Thank You for answer. Are You sure that Stryd coule be more accuarte that treadmill? It could be nice as from the beginning tradmill speed supposed to me a little bit too high. Previously i had experience with different treadmills and workouts were quite easy and speed supposed lower then real speed. With that i have really big problems to maintain speed from treadmill. I didn’t take into account that Stryd can be more accurate then treadmill.

I gotta disagree with Cecil. Even my Stryd isn’t as accurate as my treadmill. It may depend on the make/model. Plus my treadmill sends grade/elevation/meters climbed data to Zwift. And the Stryd doesn’t do that.

this is a bit old but, that is just wrong. Saying a treadmill is accurate just doesn’t make sense. Running on a treadmill is a very different activity from running on the ground.
The treadmill moving backwards assists the runner with foot turnover, which you don’t get on the ground, so running on a treadmill is about keeping up with the speed the treadmill is moving and those measurements will not be the same when running on the ground. Stryd produces data that is correlated with running on the ground and the data you get is essentially the data you would be accomplishing on the ground. Stryd is very accurate actually, for running on the ground, but still a great tool to use on a treadmill and it also sends data to zwift directly.