New Zwift Home Screen Update [April 2022]

[quote=“Anna Ronkainen [AEO], post:121, topic:582390, username:Anna_Ronkainen”]
Also, 134 XP sounds awfully little for this route, I presume there is a zero missing…
[/quote]

Isn’t it 20xp per KM? If so that would be 1020xp for the 51km (ignoring the .6), so it’s not just missing a 0, it’s just wrong.

There’s a bonus for completing the route, the first time. It should be 1345xp.

1 Like

But isn’t that route badge bonus also 20xp per km? That still doesn’t add up.

Edit, now see the zi link, it must not be 20xp per km.

I edited my post, the completion reward is 1345xp (bonus was the wrong term to use).

Please see the first post upstream. The new home screen intentionally makes it simpler to find the events coming up in the next hour, where the Companion app and the Zwift Events web page makes it easier to find events further into the future.

The ToW filter will go away when we release Companion app v3.35. It’s not something we can make disappear from the server end - it’s baked into Companion 3.34.x

Yeah, the completion bonuses are not linear, there is a range of distances that gets the same XP.

The last 5 is missing on both Windows and Mac.

Is there any news on showing which world/route events are taking place on? It’s right up there with ‘ride with…’ being missing, in terms of baffling omissions IMO.

It would be good to know what’s being worked on and when it can be expected to happen. It needn’t be secretive, like other game/feature development traditionally has been. This is about core usability.

6 Likes

Why do you continue to roll out the lacking new home screen, when there are so many omissions, failures, unfinished parts and bugs?
I don’t get it.
Can you please explain?

1 Like

I thought that the bonus for getting a route badge is simple the XP for one lap of the route?

I didn’t even know there was a bonus for completing a route, but then I stopped caring about XP years ago! Is that each time you complete it or just the first time?

Just the first time, when you get the badge.

1 Like

Is it still possible to select a workout and them jump into a ride with a pace partner. I enjoy doing my warmup with a pacepartner and a workout selected.

After an event ill often select a warm down and hopnon with C cadence at the same time, can this be done? I tried loading a workout after joining a pacepartner but I’m too slow and end upnout the back.

Running Zwift on a Mac Mini with an external LG monitor. Always displayed properly before, but when I got the update today, I now have to change my LG monitor resolution to 720 in order for everything to display large enough for me to even see and read. Tried adjusting resolution in game settings and that did nothing. Thoughts?

You need to change the Home Screen Scaling setting. The Game Resolution setting is different, and relates to how the 3D game itself is rendered.

I’m having this exact same problem. Mac Mini connected via HDMI cable to LG tv/monitor. Changing scaling in the in-game settings does nothing.

That helped some, thank you. Thought I had done that but the print was so tiny, apparently I hadn’t. But, even at extra large, the text could stand to be bigger and clearer.

Ok, so changing scaling to extra large helped some. The text is still pretty small, but at least I can read it now.

Make sure you put your display resolution back to native - you mentioned dropping it to 720p. Text will be blurry otherwise. :+1:

Hi Shuji

Thanks for responding to my post.

I am referring specifically about the Events Calendar on the Zwift App on mac os x. As you mentioned, it shows my meetups (I have none) my club events (I have none) and my public calendar events (there are 17 showing) coming up in the next 60 minutes. However on the companion app when I look at what is happening in the next 60 minutes (not further than 60 minutes) (again no meetups, no club events but 28 public events) Its not a big deal, I just would have thought what is happening in the next 60 minutes on the Zwift app (17) would be the same as what is happening in the next 60 minutes on the companion app (28)

In terms of the Tour of Watopia and companion app the filter is no longer in version 3.34.0 of the companion app hence why asked about the filter being present in the zwift mac os x app as shown in the screenshot. Maybe there is something more going on in the background than just the filter that makes it still show up.

Again, thanks for responding.

Chris.

Thanks. It showed up yesterday.