New Giant Gravel Crushers race series. Looks fun!

Hi, are there any points for week one race one.

From ZwiftPower:

“Your best 10 results count
Best result every day will score points”

So it seems like only your best result each week will count.

Also, the league could do with an update. It’s still only showing week 1.

Week 3 Race 1 and 2 start times need increasing too please. I think only 3 of us made the time cut for Week 2.

1 Like

Must admit, confused by points. We’ve raced 4 times; and I have points for three of the events.

The points description has been changed since I posted last time and it now reads:

“Your best 8 results count
every month will score points”

I think that means that all the results from each event will count but in the APAC league there’s only four people with 4 events (after the two weeks we have had so far). Which seems a bit low.

Personally, only the points from the two races I have done in the first week have been counted. The one race I did in week two isn’t being counted yet which is disappointing as I managed a respectable 5th place.

Maybe it will be picked up after the next update? Maybe not? That’s just part of the fun of Zwift isn’t it? Not really knowing what’s going on.

I’m confused too. When you look at the overall points table some people are showing 4 events, others 3 (myself included). But I have ridden all 4 events.

Please disqualify those who exceed the category boundaries. Zwiftpower doesn’t update automatically if a rider hasn’t completed their profile and the 95% 20 minutes value shows as “infinity”… Like in this women’s C race. The winner was pulling very high W/kg and ended up at 3.8wkg in C. @James_Zwift

I also started 4 races in Americas but still showing 3, missing race 1 week 1

The gold trophy is now yours.

That’s too funny, and thank you for looking into this. The main issue is with Zwiftpower and the “infinity” value. Earlier, someone made the point of asking for the category enforcement for women too, which I think is right. I got upgraded in that race, so my next signup is in B, even if it’s possible to still “race down.” Cat enforcement FTW! :-))

2 Likes

@James_Zwift You might want to look at a revised start time schedule for the races. This mornings race took 22 minutes in A, but there was only 20 minutes between the first and second race

Agree, the majority missed the second race today.

Sorry everyone. Afraid that this was owned by a member of staff who left the company and the handover was “rushed”.

I’m really sorry that we didn’t get the timings right and we’ll do a better job of it next time.

3 Likes

Just finished the first evening A race and everyone missed the cutoff. I can only imagine it was the same for the lower categories.

Great little series, as mentioned above by Cameron not enough time gap (very annoying), hope next is better, also please get the organizers to sort the points out for race 1 week 1 Americas as i see others have also done this race also. Reply and a sorted out would be great.

1 Like

Week 3 Race 1 was all in for me; I knew I couldn’t make Race 2 due to the time cut. Agree though; nice little series and something different. Could do with a bit more variety rather than up and down that Temple KOM all the time.

Funny to see other riders with the mandatory gravel frame but still with their skinny “road” wheels. And they probably wondered why those of us with proper gravel wheels selected rode away from them for same or less w/kg.

Any idea when the zwiftpower league standings will be updated?

2 Likes

Now can’t join the last 2 races in C even though my profile shows me at C grade, strange and annoying.

Yes, I hope the league tables will eventually be updated (the last update was 2 weeks ago). My last four races I placed 5th, 1st, 3rd and 5th so I hope I can make it onto the front page of the results.

Yes, you read that right. I got a nice little gold cup in B category (at least on ZwiftPower, only finished 3rd in the actual race but as they say, if it’s not on ZwiftPower it doesn’t count and no one can take away my precious gold cup this time).

The series uses Category Enforcement based cats, and not ZP cats. Your past 60 days must have some performances that put you Cat B. Bit of a pain for those that are part-way through a series.