Miracle: 1st place just lost 24 kg in 1 day

i just did the Cat C ZR “race like a champ” at 18:12 (CET) and found a miracle.
the first place just crashed 4,3W/kg. looking to his/her profile it shows that the weight went down by 24kg for the race. (ZwiftPower - Login)
is there any control? they should have some algorithm to verify such crazy changes in weight…

6 Likes

Looks like they are at least cat enforced into B now.

2 Likes

:100::100::100::100::100::100::100::100:

4 Likes

Yes and looks like his weight went back on for 2nd race of today - probably hoping that would be a quick reset to C Cat. :joy:

2 Likes

Ha, yeah I saw that, I’m wondering if we’ll see them come and post about their unfair upgrade here later :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“My son wanted to try” or some lame excuse for sure

6 Likes

you’ve never accidentally swallowed a breezeblock or lead ingot or two before a C race before? frankly, if you havent, then you might be in the minority

2 Likes

“My son also seems to have a very similar power profile to me on a pure watt basis… who knew?!”

5 Likes

Nope.
Well, I didn’t know this things are so common.
Good.to know there is a nonsense chatting.
I guess this is still a video game, but I thought the races were being treated a bit more serious

2 Likes

you can treat them as seriously as you’d like to, and many of us do… but you can’t count on strangers to do the same. what you can do is look for good events run by community hosts who are more invested in making sure their events are run well than ZHQ are

6 Likes

That’s a gullible answer.

Dropping the weight before a race is cheating, that’s the end of that.

3 Likes

My son and I have separate accounts. I am heavier than him and trying to gain more weight. I am D, He is B , and 30+ years younger.

1 Like

Must have mistyped the weight or been forced to do so by aliens.

1 Like

You see people drop 24kg in a week all the time in amateur races? And then put all the weight back on in a day?

Can you let me know where these people are? I’d be really interested in how to achieve such real life weight fluctuations

4 Likes

Well wether you like it or not ,it is cheating.
I se your point and the system works indeed in upgrading the Cats based on performance (w/kg), however it could add the race results as extra factor in the equation. Like people with low wattages but wining a lot of races, should get promoted or at least having this results accounted somehow.
And about the racer going to the upper Cat, he still can do the same in the B and A cat. Reaching the A cat and putting down the weight will just make it a super racer winning all the time.
It’s just about the game algorithms being a little smart about it

1 Like

To be fair I’ve gone to the toilet many times and I swear I’ve lost 24kgs at a time?

1 Like

I did a 45:58 ADZ today and a 50+ yo zooms past me with 6.7w/kg then tops the chart with a 10w/kg sprint at 135bpm and. His time was 39 minutes. Also only 40kg.

2 Likes

Fast is Fun :thinking:

2 Likes

On the flip side, one guy was spotted recently holding 1000 watts at 14 hours and 817km. And 55km/h.

I know it’s great and people are enjoying Zwift to the most and we should encourage this enjoyment but I digress.

1 Like

There’s a chap who is quite high up in the Zwift Games GC under cat D. His weight is listed as 45kg and height as 122cm. While his weight has always been 45kg, his height has varied between 91 and 125 cm over the last 2 years. His photo is of a middle aged, average build man riding a hand cycle.

2 Likes