Milestone App User Update

Typical zwift. It’s a kid’s video game not a real training tool for adults.
Just turn the #&$#*! server back on.

Hmm, I wonder if we can make a legal claim against Zwift for stopping connectivity to our data? Maybe that will force them to have a re-think. I for one had never been notified about the Milestonepod app or servers being taken offline and I’m now in the horrible position of not being able to access data which is mine and now inaccessible without the back end server being online to support logging onto the app. Zwift appear to have taken the servers offline or prevented login to the Milestonepod app without notifying MilestonePod users. I think we have a case here.

2 Likes

Hi Folks,
I’ve send the following to zwift support (translated from German):
“Hello,
the Milestonepod app server stopped working, the message indicates that you have turned it off. I am not alone in having the problem, there are several forum posts where many users report the same problem. This could have been announced before, your action is not acceptable.
I ask for the surrender of my data that is stored there. I am entitled to this right according to the GDPR.
With kind regards

milestonepod account …
Translated with www.DeepL(free version)”
Let’s see, what they reply.

I want my Milestonepod data!
I have been trying and the server does not work.
Zwift if making many people angry!

As a long time milestonepod user (and little/no zwifty usage), sad to see this apparently finally about to go. But must say though can’t be too unhappy with it running pretty flawlessy for another 1½ years since it got unsupported, allowing the hardware not becoming a piece of brick immediately atleast for many.

Less elegant though it finally being taken down with any notice, if this now really was about someone “knowingly pulling the plug”. Or if the unupdated app finally just broke and some maintenance was needed (that has been stated not going to be done). Which is also is as likely I guess, if I understand correct Zwift hasn’t made any statement about this yet (also less elegant).

Hope those affected can get their data loss sorted out

ตั้งแต่ server ใช้งานไม่ได้ ผมถอดทิ้งเลย

ตอนนี้ MILESTONE POD กลายเป็นแค่ พลาสติกของเด็กเล่นใส่ถ่านเพื่อเล่นเกมส์ของ swift แทบจะไม่มีค่าอะไรเลย
ข้อมูลที่เคยใช้งานมาหายหมด แอพ Milestone sport เข้าใช้งานไม่ได้ เอาข้อมูลที่ใช้งานมาเป็นแรมปี ออกก็ไม่ได้

ใครที่คิดจะซื้อเพื่อไว้อ่านข้อมูลวิเคราะห์การวิ่ง เลิกความคิดได้เลย ไม่มีแล้ว เหลือแค่เกมส์เด็กเล่น

Wow! Very sad to see the milestone pod app disappear. I can’t believe this is a decision that was made. With the growing number of avid runners, i know most love the data. I would actually pay for the old app, and i don’t pay for anything.

I’m thinking about going to Stryd

Did that already two months ago, great experience so far!

1 Like