Milestone App User Update

Yes another ungry milestone user. I use the footpod with my suunto watch now. But I really want to see the advanced metrics we used to have with the milestone pod.
If you release the application source code, I can (any other se programmer like me can) easily remove the login against the server , then we can save the data locally on the phone.
Very bad, zwift distroyed something very useful for the users .
Regards

1 Like

Has anyone requested Zwift approval and attempted to pull and decompile the app APK from a device with something like apktool if we canā€™t get the source code in an attempt to reverse engineer. If itā€™s possible the app login could be removed and just local phone storage for the app data?

2 Likes

You should be able to check the battery status and calibrate it on your Garmin, find your device in Settings menu under Sensors and Accessories. When itā€™s paired and connected you have an About section which gives you a battery status and a Cal. Factor section where you can manually calibrate the pod or set it to calibrate from GPS on an outside run. You will also get warnings from your Garmin once the battery gets low.

Does anyone know if the new rebranded Zwift pods give the same metrics in iSmoothRun? I have contacted the developer and he thinks that it should but doesnā€™t know for sure.

I attempted to decompile it ā€œfor educational purposesā€ but didnā€™t get very far. Im guessing it would probably be illegal to put it up on github to collaborate on making it workā€¦ not sure.

Hmm, if you had an educational disassembly or listened to network calls, there are a lot of calls to the api dot milestonepod dot com parse server from the app for everything from login, setting profile, managing pods, getting recent run stats so plenty of work to get rid of those and plumb in either a hypothetical replacement server (redirect to a different parse server by adding the URL to your login user name after a ā€˜#ā€™) or local data storage. There might be a few interesting things like a power user setting in the user profile which makes console, logout and shoe fit menu items appear. From the console / debug I believe you could retrieve pod run data in some kind of format (minute values?) and clear old session data, which would be better than nothing, but then I donā€™t know about updating params for new shoes / calibration etc.

Maybe more like a good way to waste some time than anything with a positive outcome

P.S. Iā€™d imagine mostly angular javascript and ionic on cordova and the aforementioned ParseService, none of which means much to me but the source code would be pretty complete if you have the apk and a suitable apk tool

Anyone else received the ā€œrate Zwift with one questionā€ email today? If you have not, check in you spam maybe. I gave them a big fat 0 for bricking my pods. Hope I will not be the only one.

1 Like

i like the new update

I bought an iphone and bought and installed the iSmoothRun app. iSmoothRun can read my milestone pod. It measures all sorts of metrics but it shows up how rubbish my running efforts are! Iā€™m glad that I didnā€™t throw my milestone pod away.

Hi,
can I use milestone pod and then download the data to ismoothrun or to use ismoothrun I need also an iphone connected to the milestone pod during the training?
Thanks

ISmoothRun (on my iPhone) seems to collect running data without being connected to a milestone pod. It can also be bluetooth connected to a milestone pod during training. I donā€™t know if thereā€™s any difference in the quality of the data produced with or without being connected to the milestone pod. I donā€™t think that you can use a milestone pod in training and then download the data to iSmoothRun afterwards. (But I never tried to do that)
B

Barbara,
please, can you try to download the data after the training or give me the email address of the developer (in the app Settings->Feedback, because i can not find it anywhere) so I can ask to them.
Many thanks

Iā€™m sorry I donā€™t think that I can help you with this. Iā€™m trail running
with my iphone using the ismoothrun app. The data stays on my phone.
Ismoothrun email is info@ismoothrun.com
I have not got the milestone pod on my trail running shoes anymore.
I donā€™t have the milestone pod app or the zwift app either.
Good luck with resolving your problems!

1 Like

Has anyone found a solution, specifically using ismoothrun on an iphone?

Regrettably, Zwift has killed an excellent product like MilestonePod. Shame on you both parties as you provide nothing else of equal quality and performance.

2 Likes