Membership discounts

Obviously nothing in life is free and great things like zwift don’t come cheap but there must be ways to entice and retain people.

You could have your usual one lump annual payment to get discount or family discounts.

What about club membership discount i.e. British Cycling Club.

What about emergency services discount? Lots of companies already do this and I’m sure, like myself, lots of emergency service personnel use zwift to keep fit.

I’d be keen for some sort of discount too, especially as my grandfathered rate is about to end. I’ve already cancelled my Strava Premium to cut costs.

1 Like

There are almost no incentives in society promoting parents staying at home with children, or homemakers as was once the term. And there is no salary for it unless the children are strangers, nor is there any tax incentive, or any other kind. Who needs to keep in shape more than the parents of young children? Sure, okay, firefighters, emts, police, soldiers and security personnel. But at least those are saleried positions.

Family discounts and homemaker discounts would cover most 1st responders in addition to directly supporting those raising the next generation of humanity.

I’ d prefer to find a broad socially supportive category for discount that would neatly include ‘service’ personell rather than just a narrow discount for certain professions. Physical fitness is a human need, maybe now more than ever. And I think Zwift is a great leap forward for modern fitness training.

1 Like

I agree. I honestly don’t understand why there isn’t a family discounted membership. I’ve been on since beta and would love to add my wife. I also have 5 kids that would love to start, but paying for 7 memberships isn’t happening…If there was a discounted option it’d be that many more riding!

3 Likes

Perhaps something like a loyalty discount? The longer you stay with Zwift, the greater the discount over time?

3 Likes

No response from Zwift yet??

I did email them initially to find out if there were any type of discounts. There wasn’t but they are looking into discount types (apparently) and they suggested creating this post to see how much interest there would be in various discounts.

I have been a member for two years. I cancelled after the price increase. Hard to justify when I mostly ride outside (sometimes going months not riding). An increasing discount for longtime subscribers would bring me back.

2 Likes

Could be great if they will make a student discount

4 Likes

Paying a monthly via certain amount of/in drops?
Anyone?
:pray:

Well,i have been a member on zwift almost two year now and still nothing from zwift,no sticker,water bottle,discount etc so i wouldn’t hold my breath,they dont give away anything for free $$$

I’ll put my hand up for a single parent mountain biking mortgage paying semi-long term Zwift subscriber discount. For some reason subscription services like Spotify, Google, etc dont cater for people like me either so it would be nice if Zwift did.

1 Like

last month you had the chance to earn 1 month for free if you were riding over 280 km or so …
unfortunately only for peolple without an account. :woozy_face:

Edit: in conjunction with strava

I’m not sure why there should be discounts. Zwift have kept their prices low. Only one price rise in all the time I’ve been on zwift. If they start to offer discounts the lost revenue will be added to those people who aren’t eligible. The pricing structure currently is the same for everyone, no-one is penalised. You have no tie in period. I’d much rather they stick to a simple pricing structure with the ability to stop start whenever you want rather that start offering discounts.Discounts become subjective. What if you have 2 people who are married who are top earners with 2 kids who get a family discount as opposed to a single worker who is on minimum wage that has to pay full price?

3 Likes

Family discounts do make some logical sense (first subscription full price, reduced rate for others in the same family/household) but, beyond that, the only discount that really makes sense to me would be something like 12 months subscription for the price of 10 (say) if paid annually.

However, while that might encourage some of those who suspend their subs during the Summer and restart in the Autumn to pay for the full year, it would also encourage some riders who maintain their subs all year to start paying annually, meaning possibly no net difference to Zwift’s overall income.

They could also keep the current offering for unlimited usage, and introduce reduced mileage options where you pay £8 per month but are restricted to 250 miles per month of usage, or can only ride in Watopia, for example, but the the question for Zwift is whether those things are likely to lead to an increase or decrease in revenue.

At the moment, the pricing structure is simple to understand and works. Long term, it will all depend on how Zwift sees their revenue developing (and whether meaningful competition arises in the same space).

Whether we like it or not, Zwift is a business looking to make a profit and is not beholden to offer discounts out of the goodness of their hearts.

1 Like

I’m yet to sign up, alas the cost is making me dither slightly as i’m also looking at joining a local gym…Zwift is banded around as being a cycling virtual game, for me id prefer a one off payment and everyttime there’s a large update pay an extra £10 etc…rather than just another monthly outgoing. Saying that how easy is it to pause your monthly payment for the summer, that might work…

You can get yourself Gift Cards

Also a lot of people cancel/suspend their Zwift over the summer months, and it can be done here: The at Home Cycling & Running Virtual Training App (it says Cancel, but it just really suspends)

This! This service is good, but it really is way too expensive for what it you get when you compare it to similar Video Games or simulations (yes this is essentially a video game). 18 CAD a month is by far and away my most expensive subscription. For that price I am getting Netflix + Spotify which I use a heck of a lot more than Zwift to be honest.

I think Zwift really needs to take a look at its pricing model, or get a competitor because its pretty ridiculous today.

2 Likes

For me Zwift is a training tool, not a video game. Cannot imagine sitting on my bike and looking in the wall for indoor training in winter.
The price is fair in my opinion.