List of Budget Indoor Bikes with Resistance Control

Check out the link above with other users having the sane issue. There is an app you can use which will give you your functionality back.

Do any of the bikes supported by qdomyos-Zwift have automatic controlled resistance? I’m looking for a spin bike style bike (not a stationary style like the Renpho AI), that works with Zwift automated resistance, and doesn’t break the bank (For the $3500 Wahoo kickr bike price for example you could buy a whole road bike along with a direct drive trainer and have a pretty accurate ride while also gaining an extra bike, that price point is just too high).

Thank you!

Spin bikes are manual resistance by design so in reality no.

I’m seeing a mixed/unclear response when researching qdomyos-Zwift. Can someone confirm with something like the Echelon Connect Bike EX-5 if it can or cannot have auto resistance?

You’re getting mixed responses because not all Echelon bikes support automatic resistance control. The EX3 and EX5 supports this feature with qdomyos-zwift, but not Echelon Connect Sport. In fact, the cheapest bike that you can get with automatic resistance control and compatible with qdomyos-zwift is the Proform TDF, which goes for $400 at Costco. The main drawback of the Proform TDF, however, is that its max resistance is fairly low compared to other bikes in the same class. You can easily find more information about qdomyos-zwift in the Facebook group, which has a very active group of users who are more than happy to share their experiences.

Okay I guess I’m confused between what an EX5 and Connect EX-5 is. In fact on the Echelon website I only see connect bikes. Their support tells me that all of their current bikes can change resistance via their app. So I assume there is digital auto controlled resistance which qdomyos might tap into. I have joined the Facebook group and will ask for opinions there.

Based on what you’ve said about the bike having auto resistant via its own app then yes QZ will work.

Ok, in on this as I am interested in this option. I need to make a spin bike that my wife can use for her Peloton stuff work, so that I can also do Zwift and have the resistance work correctly, without having to have a whole second set up. No space for it.

Did you ever have any joy with getting Zwift to work with the automatic resistance on the Renpho? Mulling it currently.

Hi, do you still have the decathlon bike? I read bike 500, but that seems to be a manual resistance bike?