Links to Zwift Resources đŸ—ș

I did a (not Zwift affiliated) video explaining the profile page: ZwiftPower - Introduction into the Profile Section - YouTube

Not sure if it is helpful.

1 Like

Good list! I started doing something like this 3 years ago, but it never got made public (and honestly then I forgot about it).

I had a section for useful Podcasts and YouTubers. The draft list only had Zwiftcast (RIP) and Shane Miller’s YouTube, but a section for that could potentially host a few particularly useful or relevant channels and podcasts. Apart from Zwiftcast I guess they’re a little more general, but still often cover Zwift-specific things.

1 Like

I’ve added links to the “Zwift Computer Buyer’s Guide 2019 - 2020” as well as @Dave_ZPCMR’s ZwiftInsider guide to building a Zwift PC. Dave and I may have different preference for devices to run Zwift but I think it’s worth highlighting the resources and letting people decide what’s important to them. Also added a link to the “Refurb Tracker” for people interested in going the Apple route - there’s little reason to look at the private-sale, used iPad market Apple undercuts it and offers warranties.

1 Like

That buyer’s guide is fine for some aspects but in others it’s outdated and could be misleading (one example being the bit you’ve quoted). Its author was involved with the editing of my article.

1 Like

Minor edits made, removed quote.

1 Like

Thanks. It’s not that the piece isn’t useful - the table in particular is good at a glance - but the market for buyers was very different back then (both positive and negative) and a lot more
 erm, ‘research’, has been carried out on what’s actually needed and where best value lies in terms of running the game on a dedicated PC.

A big part of why I’m so passionate about it is that there are very many misconceptions regarding how much it costs to get the desired results, how hard/complex it is to do, and what the associated drawbacks are versus other platforms. If people don’t care about the graphical experience in Zwift that’s perfectly fine, but it doesn’t mean they should perpetuate untruths to justify their position.

2 Likes

Added a link in the “Technology” section to the Pain Cave thread though it kind of overlaps with “social.”

Added link to Reddit’s “BikeWrench” community. For context: a lot of “Zwift” issues that get brought up have nothing to do with Zwift and everything to do with bicycle, trainer or other ancillary equipment problems. BikeWrench is a font of knowledge about all things bike-related. Typically, drivetrain and smart trainer issues are what you’d want to search BikeWrench for.

Hey @Otto_Destruct , I have a page on my website with some upcoming race series and notable events that I tend to update every week or so with new events. Here is the link: The Next Few Months of Events/Races on Zwift - ZRace Central.

2 Likes

Thanks Oliver! I just added a link to the page. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just released a new YouTube video on my channel about Zwift Power, giving an overview of the menu functions, rider rankings, event data, profile data, and a tip for those who are overly obsessed with Zwift Power :wink: I think this will be a pretty useful resource for those who are still new to Zwift Power.

3 Likes

@Otto_Destruct thanks for adding RoadCaptain to the list here :+1:

Would you mind changing the link to the GitHub page so that people can find the latest release too? Currently it links to a specific announcement post on Reddit but as development is happening all the time that’s already lagging behind a bit.

Link to GitHub: GitHub - sandermvanvliet/RoadCaptain: Build and ride custom routes in Zwift (remove the spaces :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

Done :rofl: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks! Still not enough internet points to post links :joy:

1 Like

Hey @Sander_van_Vliet_The !

I’d be happy to make that edit
except I can’t.

There appears to be a time limit on how long an original post can be edited - I can’t make any more updates. :neutral_face:

@Gerrie_Delport_ODZ : is there any way to change the edit-lockout so I can evergreen the original list?

2 Likes

@Otto_Destruct do you know who is in chage to the official Zwif support web site ?
Under Elite brand we can now add : JUSTO
https://www.elite-it.com/fr/produits/home-trainers/home-trainer-interactifs/justo

@Nathan_Guerra_Vision’s new podcast with Anna Russell has launched, this is a weekly podcast more focused on racing, but also includes some of the latest Zwift news.

It’s great to hear Nathan again, I wonder if they will invite @Shane_Miller_GPLama as a guest someday?

2 Likes

Hey all! Since I can’t update the original post anymore (forum-imposed time-limited), I’ve created a new discussion thread which can be updated. I hope you’ll all join me over there:

@Sander_van_Vliet_The : I updated the RoadCaptain link in the new thread.
@Oliver_ZRace_Central : also updated the link list to mention the Elite Justo. Once DCR integrates that and the JetBlack Volt into his annual guide to smart trainers, I’ll clean that section up.

2 Likes