Links to Zwift Resources šŸ—ŗļø

Thanks. Itā€™s not that the piece isnā€™t useful - the table in particular is good at a glance - but the market for buyers was very different back then (both positive and negative) and a lot moreā€¦ erm, ā€˜researchā€™, has been carried out on whatā€™s actually needed and where best value lies in terms of running the game on a dedicated PC.

A big part of why Iā€™m so passionate about it is that there are very many misconceptions regarding how much it costs to get the desired results, how hard/complex it is to do, and what the associated drawbacks are versus other platforms. If people donā€™t care about the graphical experience in Zwift thatā€™s perfectly fine, but it doesnā€™t mean they should perpetuate untruths to justify their position.

2 Likes

Added a link in the ā€œTechnologyā€ section to the Pain Cave thread though it kind of overlaps with ā€œsocial.ā€

Added link to Redditā€™s ā€œBikeWrenchā€ community. For context: a lot of ā€œZwiftā€ issues that get brought up have nothing to do with Zwift and everything to do with bicycle, trainer or other ancillary equipment problems. BikeWrench is a font of knowledge about all things bike-related. Typically, drivetrain and smart trainer issues are what youā€™d want to search BikeWrench for.

Hey @Otto_Destruct , I have a page on my website with some upcoming race series and notable events that I tend to update every week or so with new events. Here is the link: The Next Few Months of Events/Races on Zwift - ZRace Central.

2 Likes

Thanks Oliver! I just added a link to the page. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just released a new YouTube video on my channel about Zwift Power, giving an overview of the menu functions, rider rankings, event data, profile data, and a tip for those who are overly obsessed with Zwift Power :wink: I think this will be a pretty useful resource for those who are still new to Zwift Power.

3 Likes

@Otto_Destruct thanks for adding RoadCaptain to the list here :+1:

Would you mind changing the link to the GitHub page so that people can find the latest release too? Currently it links to a specific announcement post on Reddit but as development is happening all the time thatā€™s already lagging behind a bit.

Link to GitHub: GitHub - sandermvanvliet/RoadCaptain: Build and ride custom routes in Zwift (remove the spaces :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

Done :rofl: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks! Still not enough internet points to post links :joy:

1 Like

Hey @Sander_van_Vliet_The !

Iā€™d be happy to make that editā€¦except I canā€™t.

There appears to be a time limit on how long an original post can be edited - I canā€™t make any more updates. :neutral_face:

@Gerrie_Delport_ODZ : is there any way to change the edit-lockout so I can evergreen the original list?

2 Likes

@Otto_Destruct do you know who is in chage to the official Zwif support web site ?
Under Elite brand we can now add : JUSTO
https://www.elite-it.com/fr/produits/home-trainers/home-trainer-interactifs/justo

@Nathan_Guerra_Visionā€™s new podcast with Anna Russell has launched, this is a weekly podcast more focused on racing, but also includes some of the latest Zwift news.

Itā€™s great to hear Nathan again, I wonder if they will invite @Shane_Miller_GPLama as a guest someday?

2 Likes

Hey all! Since I canā€™t update the original post anymore (forum-imposed time-limited), Iā€™ve created a new discussion thread which can be updated. I hope youā€™ll all join me over there:

@Sander_van_Vliet_The : I updated the RoadCaptain link in the new thread.
@Oliver_ZRace_Central : also updated the link list to mention the Elite Justo. Once DCR integrates that and the JetBlack Volt into his annual guide to smart trainers, Iā€™ll clean that section up.

2 Likes