Introducing the Makuri Islands and Yumezi Map [May 2021]

I think the 53 miles is just the total distance of the 8 new routes. It’s “53 miles of new routes, on new roads”

1 Like

I like my story better :wink:

2 Likes

It is 53 miles if you total up the new routes … but obviously the same roads appear in multiple routes. I hope that they didn’t deliberately misrepresent it thinking we wouldn’t notice.

I also hope they have done what they seem to be hinting at, which is to have already created a much bigger world for the Islands, which they are going to roll out in regular updates.

2 Likes

Anyone else wonder about Elevation issues? I rode Kappa Quest yesterday; nominally 139 metres, I got 250 exactly. Not sure my Direto is that generous…

It is because you climb two times to the top.
The route begins at the top of the climb.
The lead-in is 3.3 km I think.

3 Likes

Yeah; I accept there’s a lead in, but even so + 70% climbing seems excessive…

what are the things that look like signposts in the new world?

Same as the Lutscher routes in Innsbruck, or the Surrey Hills in London … the route doesn’t actually start until you reach the top of a climb. In Innsbruck’s case you have to complete the entire climb as part of the lead-in. Not really that unusual.

1 Like

Honestly David it’s the first time I’ve noticed it in 13 months. I suppose it’s the relative flat nature and the short routes ; never made me think too much on say Sand &Sequoias.
Heads to Surrey Hills…

1 Like

Doesn’t mean it’s a good design though. I don’t see why there can’t be more spawn points in worlds.

5 Likes

I agree. At no point was I making any kind of value judgement on it, simply pointing out that having a relatively lengthy climb as part of the lead-in is nothing new.

Will the Makuri World soon be available on ZwiftGPS?

1 Like

I’d like the 3 new Watopia roads added to ZwiftGPS. Those were added several months ago, but do not show in ZwiftGPS.

You might want to visit the ZwiftGPS website and leave some feedback over there. ZwiftGPS is not run by Zwift.

1 Like

Hi Zwifters!

When we launched Makuri Islands last month - some of you asked when we’d open it up for Events and Meetups. We’re happy to say it’s coming June 28.

Meetups are a great way to create a private event with up to 100 friends. Selecting the Meetup Only view is a way to experience the beautiful new world with nobody but your friends around you. This Support Hub article shows you how to create a Meetup and invite friends to join…

This also means that event organizers can shake up their events on the public Zwift HQ calendar by holding them in Makuri Islands.

4 Likes

This is brilliant news, thank you!

I just checked, and Zwift GPS maps now include both the Makuri Islands and the “new” roads in Watopia.

When will the KOM segments in the Makuri Islands be added in to the segments on ZwiftPower where you earn ZPoints?