Introduce Wind resistance

Have the wind change on a regular basis - direction and speed - that way it can vary our rides even more on a regular basis - Makes Drafting even more important.

I would really like to have a feature like this but that you could set manually. That way I would be able to lower my avg workout distance as my cycle ops fluid 2 is very badly implemented in zwift and reports way more distance traveled than it should and the only way to get more realistic numbers is tu inflate my rider weight. if i could decide to add a front wind to my rides i would nt neet to cheat my weight in orer to compensate for the extra speed that my training is giving me.

I can’t see this being practical especially for those that use this as a training tool, you want constants so that you can see yourself improving on standard laps.

Wind resistance as it relates to average speed on a track where you essentially wind back were you started doesn’t really matter.

Honestly here is what i firmly believe average speeds and zwift and there translation to the real world.  They are within 2 to 1 mph difference if you are honest about your weight, and you have a power source that is reasonably accurate.

The real detractor is rolling into and out of stops. 

Hi Peter, 

This is something we don’t have currently on the radar but I will add it to the request list for you. 

Ride On!

If a wind resistance feature is added, just make sure that it is optional if it actually affects performance. Can’t stand riding in the wind!

I completely agree with this feature. I spent all winter riding in zwift and today my first attempt outdoors I was reminded that my 325w are insufficient for headwinds. If I could compare my hills were about 6% but felt like 16% on zwift. Unfortunately I don’t have a power meter to measure.