Internal Server Error 400 / 403 (Clear your browser)

I am having this issue today. Can you provide any help?

HTTP 403 Forbidden

ost likely causes:

• This website requires you to log in.
    What you can try:

[Go back to the previous page.](javascript:history.back():wink:

More information [More information](javascript:expandCollapse(‘infoBlockID’, true):wink:

This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that this program was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

Hi @Conor_Crowley_RWBSB1, try clearing your cookies and cache in Internet Explorer or if on a Mac, Safari.

Hi @Mike_Rowe1 I have tried this but have not had any luck. When I click the go back to previous page I receive the following message

HTTP 400 Bad Request

Most likely causes:

• There might be a typing error in the address.
  • If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:

Retype the address.

[Go back to the previous page.](javascript:history.back():wink:

Go to and look for the information you want.

More information [More information](javascript:expandCollapse(‘infoBlockID’, true):wink:

This error (HTTP 400 Bad Request) means that this program was able to connect to the web server, but the webpage could not be found because of a problem with the address.

there might be other things you can try in this thread:

1 Like

Gang - thanks for flagging this up so we see the velocity of this issue.

TL;DR: clearing the cache of Internet Explorer (Windows) or Safari (MacOS) is reported as fixing this.

Why these browsers and not Chrome / Firefox / Edge / or whatever your preferred browser happens to be? Because the Zwift launcher app that logs you in piggybacks onto the default browser that comes as part of your OS.

2 Likes

Suspect a few people aren’t sure the best way to do this so:

1. Close Zwift completely, including the launcher from the system tray (right-click and Exit).
  2. Hit Start and type Internet Options and select it.
  3. Down the bottom under Browsing History hit Delete…
  4. Tick all the boxes except the first one and press Delete.
  5. OK out of Internet Options.
  6. Start Zwift and try again. You’ll need to log into the launcher again because you’ve now deleted your credentials.
7 Likes

Thanks! Deleting browsing history from IE did the trick to me.

This doesn’t remove the problem on my Win10 setup. A lot of tries seems to randomly be succesfull…

I would guess that some of the “this worked for me” is false positives, just FYI as I’m probably not the only one that would like to spend 20 minutes riding instead of trying to log in.

BooX

Try uninstalling / reinstalling the app. CS has other reports (via email as well) that this can resolve the problem.

Hi, I am also having the same issue, with Windows 10. I have followed all the above suggestions without success. Unfortunately for me, I am unable to use another device as I need to use the laptop for footpod connection. Its taken me 40 mins to get this far, its so frustrating. Hopefully this issue will be sorted by Zwift ASAP.

Hello fellow Zwifters,

Since yesterday my Zwift won’t start. When I try to open the application it gives me this error: a white window with the message forbidden (screenshot included). I tried to clean my cache and all. Re-installing Zwift also did not help.

I am using a Macbook. It worked fine but now I am having trouble out of the blue. Maybe you guys can help.

5 Likes

Same for me on a pc.

1 Like

Did you also try to clean cache and re-install? Both not working for me.

Same for me this morning using Windows

Try clearing the cache in Internet Explorer. The Zwift launcher uses IE, so clearing cache in Chrome/Firefox/whatever won’t help.

I ended up resetting IE which sorted it

Try clearing your Safari cache. If you use Chrome or something else then clearing its cache won’t help, since the Zwift launcher on Mac uses Safari.

1 Like

yes on windows pc reset IE as it uses that to login.

2 Likes

Tried it, 5 times haha! Still not working. Trying my best to figure this out.