In-game timer labeling is wrong: It is showing elapsed time, time zone is irrelevant

I was looking through some screen shots recently and got confused by the clock on the righthand side of the center white readout. In the attached screen looks like 1:01:59 Eastern Time. Here it is not 1:01:59 Eastern time, I am 1 hour and 1 minute into a ride. 

I’d drop that clock altogether since it isn’t relevant in this context and maybe rework it before bringing it back.

Having a “Game Time” clock might be nice for those coordinating rides eg: WSR is at 7:00pm “Game time” and when you log in you’ll know at-a-glance if you’re early or late without having to do a lot of math.

But… that’s not a clock. It’s just elapsed time, like you said. ET probably stands for elapsed time, like you said…

If you dropped it how would you know how long you’ve been riding?

Oh, haha. Then this is just confusing for people riding in “Eastern Time” as that is what this means to us. I guess we’ll just have to retrain ourselves for zwift. :slight_smile:

I had a similar momentary confusion about it as well.  I think they could drop the “ET” phrase altogether and no one would be worse off for it.  In fact, as a matter of user interface they are wise to eliminate text in every circumstance possible to keep things simple for future needs to support multiple languages.

Unless there is future plans for another row called LT (Lap Time). You’ll need ET as well