In-game timer labeling is wrong: It is showing elapsed time, time zone is irrelevant

(Aaron Deutsch - BMTR) #1

I was looking through some screen shots recently and got confused by the clock on the righthand side of the center white readout. In the attached screen looks like 1:01:59 Eastern Time. Here it is not 1:01:59 Eastern time, I am 1 hour and 1 minute into a ride. 

I’d drop that clock altogether since it isn’t relevant in this context and maybe rework it before bringing it back.

Having a “Game Time” clock might be nice for those coordinating rides eg: WSR is at 7:00pm “Game time” and when you log in you’ll know at-a-glance if you’re early or late without having to do a lot of math.

(Ben Crone) #2

But… that’s not a clock. It’s just elapsed time, like you said. ET probably stands for elapsed time, like you said…

If you dropped it how would you know how long you’ve been riding?

(Aaron Deutsch - BMTR) #3

Oh, haha. Then this is just confusing for people riding in “Eastern Time” as that is what this means to us. I guess we’ll just have to retrain ourselves for zwift. :slight_smile:

(Duane Gran [Vision]) #4

I had a similar momentary confusion about it as well.  I think they could drop the “ET” phrase altogether and no one would be worse off for it.  In fact, as a matter of user interface they are wise to eliminate text in every circumstance possible to keep things simple for future needs to support multiple languages.

(Brett Martin) #5

Unless there is future plans for another row called LT (Lap Time). You’ll need ET as well