Importing TSS to TrainingPeaks

I really like the effortless way Zwift automatically exports my ride data to trainingpeaks, but it surprises me that the TSS in trainingpeaks is different than what I read from Zwift. For instance tonight, Zwift said I had 80 TSS, but in TrainingPeaks, my TSS is 40. Are the different units, or calculated differently?

Thanks, -Jim

TSS is based on your personal FTP setting. Given the same FTP number and same power and time numbers, the TSS calculation will be the same. So ensure that your FTP is set to the same number in Zwift and TrainingPeaks.

To quote TrainingPeaks on Training Stress Scores (TSS) Explained:

• Requirements to Calculate: powermeter data file containing time series duration and power data, power threshold (FTP) set in Power Zones section of My Settings
  • What is TSS?Training Stress Score (TSS) is a composite number that takes into account the duration and intensity of a workout to arrive at a single estimate of the overall training load and physiological stress created by that training session… By definition, one hour spent at Functional Threshold Power (FTP) is equal to 100 points.

Thanks Steve, That was my problem. I’ve been off the bike for quite a while. TrainingPeaks had my threshold from “a while” ago, which was about twice what it is today. Tonight I rode my fanny off for an hour, which gave me a TSS of 93. It hurt my feelings to have TP call is 46! -Jim