How do i take off my crank arms on the Wahoo Kicker Bike

Im able to easily remove the left crank arm but i can not remove the right crank arm because the cover plate on the right side is in the way. Anyone have the steps to remove the cover i cant seem to find all the screws…

It got me thinking this would need to be done to replace the drive belt as well.

I got started down this rabbit hole because of a crank arm cluncky-crunchy sound when pedaling at times.

Thx

Hey Kevin. You’re probably going to get more traction posting to Wahoo’s official support forum. Only a small subset of people on the Zwift forum own a Kickr Bike.

Sounds like you need to adjust torque on your bottom bracket bearing. You do this on the left crank arm. Search this forum for my posts. I provided pretty detailed instruction on this common issue. It’s a maintenance item.

Try this link to another discussion on this forum: Kickr Bike Experience - it broke - #234 by Randy_Jensen

1 Like

Thanks! Need to do this myself.

To remove the right side (DS) Crankset you…have to remove the NDS crank arm then all the covers from both sides of the bike.

I just replaced the Bottom Bracket in my Kickr bike, it was a LONG job.
It was a pain, and I don’t recommend doing it.
But, I did post my notes on Bike Forums

Barry

1 Like

I’ve got a Tacx Smart and that seems to be ‘heavily discouraged’. :man_shrugging: