Graphics comparison - Apple TV or Alienware Alpha

Hello,

I am trying to decide on the best way to go: buy an Apple TV or Alienware Alpha

I understand that the Apple TV is not supported yet but it will be. I also believe the GPU ill be the same as an iPhone 6 Plus.

Will I see much of a difference between the two on a 1920 x 1080 monitor?

the alienware alpha has

CPU = i3

GPU = AMD Radeon™ R9 M470X GPU with 2 GB GDDR5

There is another model up from that with i5 and NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960 graphics with 4GB GDDR5

thanks for any input.

rockpaper

Hi Rockpaper,

You will see a huge difference between a device with an integrated GPU vs separate. Here is a benchmark site you will find useful;

https://zwiftalizer.com/benchmarks 

IMO Alienware is very overpriced, even the GTX960 is a budget gaming GPU and a discontinued one at that (1060 is the latest in that product line).

Regards,

Olly

Thanks, Olly

I checked out the benchmarks- I was hoping it would have a search function so i could find something similar but it’s just good that someone has set it up.

I’m not sure why but i thought the 960 was an onboard GPU (really no idea why since my office PC has a GTX 660)

The alienware is nicely packaged up and i have less interest these days in building up a PC, which is the reason I was looking at it.

maybe i’ll just have another look around at some other options.

I’m not sure why but i thought that Zwift would look pretty much the same for everyone rather than scale the graphics like any other game. 

cheers!

Alienware will look much better!

Thanks, Eric.
I’m now looking at building a small form factor of with a slightly better graphics card. Still the Alienware boxes are hard to beat for size.