Garmin 305 connection

Is it possible to connect my old Garmin 305 so I can see my heart rate on Zwift? It says it has ANT+ but not seen it on the list of watches that works.

That watch does not broadcast anything Zwift could use. Why were you going to try and connect it to Zwift?

2 Likes

Heart rate was my plan.

It looks like the Garmin 305 came with a chest strap HRM that was ANT+ and should be able to connect to Zwift depending on the device you are running Zwift on.

If you want HR in Zwift your best option is a dual band chest strap HRM like Wahoo Tickr or Garmin Dual.

To be able to do that, is the only thing I need is a ANT + dongle and and extension cable so it will be closer to my trainer? Running it on a Windows 10 laptop.

https://www.amazon.ca/Compatible-Garmin-Forerunner-011-02209-00-Adapter/dp/B01NBJ8E38/ref=sr_1_8?crid=1245KWHU1ASQJ&keywords=ant+%2B+dongle&qid=1586354420&sprefix=ant+%2B%2Caps%2C153&sr=8-8

1 Like

Yes.

What other sensors are you going to connect to Zwift?

Only my trainer, Kurt Kinetic Smart 2.

Just had to make sure you had all the equipment you needed.

I have a Garmin 305 with a paired Garmin Gsc 10 Speed/Cadence Sensor. My trainer is not a smart trainer. Can I use this to get started with Zwift if i get an ANT usb dongle?

You can use the Garmin Speed/Cadence sensor, but the 305 cannot be used at all with Zwift.

@ William_Walker: You’ll pair your Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor with an ANT+ dongle on your PC. The 305 head unit will not interact with Zwift in any way. You can have it mounted on the bike to display cadence, heart rate, etc. But know that the speed and distance it would display will not match the Zwift in-game terrain. The 305 won’t know that you’re riding up the Watopia KOM, or coasting down its descent, for instance.

2 Likes

Ok thats great, thanks for the replies. I know that there are limitations with this set up but I thought I would test it out before investing in a smart trainer.

I have found riding in doors that all of mt start HRM fail at some point. Due to excessive sweat or my position?

I’ve been successfully using the Polar optical sensor ( on forearm) with good success.
(its both Ant+ and BT )