Game Update - November 23rd, 2020

What was your problem with RGT? I’ve been trying it and really enjoy it. The racing is much more exciting and realistic.

This is a real issue. I couldn’t get in again, that’s 3 weeks in a row that the network can’t cope with so many riders trying to log in at the same time. Can Zwift do something about parallel log ins?

1 Like

Hi Wes
I’m an iOS user, so low hardware locally. Last 3 weeks I’ve not been able to log in for the 7.49pm UK Wtrl races. Can this be a result of the update?

Tells me my account isn’t valid, which can be a wifi issue but really isn’t this time as it only happens at that time every week and I just upgraded the inbound pipe and mesh network specifically so it wouldn’t happen. Is there an issue with so many parallel logins? I’m thinking that with the wtrl races every minute, there are probably 1000 extra logins in that 30 minutes.

It’s either the Zwift login process or issues with the latest update?

Last night I sat in a parallel world and did my own TTT. It has me in the results, but I was completely invisible to everyone. That can’t be wifi!

It’s mainly the number of routes that’s an issue for me. I know you can request magic roads be made but I’d rather just have a large range of varying courses to ride.

I don’t race, just keeping fit, pushing myself

There’s literally an unlimited variety of routes thanks to Magic Roads. I know it can be a bit of a faff making your own but there is a great website that gives links to lots of routes - www.magicroads.org

Then buy a decent graphics card thats capable of running a modern 3d game.
Not some ancient office cards that can hardly manage to work with excel :smiley:

No response from Zwift whatsoever about the noticeably high mentions of crashes and low performance on this version, irrespective of hardware? Have the minimum specifications been raised? Is Windows 7 no longer compatible with the game? Is the change to vsync behaviour a design choice?

This is software. It’s not good enough to just change the program in the background without telling the userbase.

2 Likes

Just updated to the latest version of Zwift on my IPad and it continually crashes out of the so I can’t ride. Anyone know what is going on. I’m having to resort to the Wattbike app instead.

what has my graphics card ever done to deserve this treatment? did a Radeon Nvidea GT 710 E AMD Graphics Chip bully you at school? I’m reporting you to the police. Anyway I was running it on an intel HD 520 without problems, not the 710. I just tested it on that for good measure to confirm it was f***ed

These GPU are good enough to show you the Win-Desktop.
If Zwift ran on these GPUs before, then kudos zu Zwift-Team.
Again: If you want to play a 3d game, get yourself a GPU that can manage that.

If you want to take part in Nascar or Formula 1, you don’t start with a Toyota Corolla, do you?

Go to ebay, craigslist or whatever 2nd hand market you have in your country and get a GTX960 4GB or GTX970 for 30-40$

Links to GTX 970s for $40 pls, that would be really useful. :wink:

1 Like

Cool. I got it. Thanks!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MSI-Gaming-GTX-960-4GB-OC-Twin-Frozr-V-HDCP-Ready-SLI-Support-GTX-960-Gaming-4G/154222824862?hash=item23e8658d9e:g:xn4AAOSw2OlfxvkQ

seems like prices are higher now than summer.
Well, after the diseaster with the Ampere-GPUs…
didn’t think of that.

That’s a new listing with nearly a week of bidding left. :wink: Completed/sold 960s have gone for about $70 and $100+ for 970s. Prices are currently high over here in the UK too.

Anyway you’re not wrong, but neither is the chap you replied to given that Zwift hasn’t said anything whatsoever about the minimum requirements suddenly changing. If it worked before, there should be an explanation as to why it doesn’t now.

3 Likes

:rofl:

made my day

1 Like

@Bench Zwift run on far lower spec PC’s.

Don’t judge me @Dave_ZPCMR. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Yeah, but a GTX460 is older but also way way way more powerful than a GT710 or a Intel integrated.

Yes, Zwift should work with those, but with what? basic profile with 10fps?

1 Like

Touché. :laughing:

Patch fixed my power issue

To introduce some more bugs into the game. The latest releases didn’t break it nearly enough.

3 Likes