Game Update - November 23rd, 2020

intel hd4600 (not 520, dunno why i thought i had a 520) was giving me between 40-60 fps before this patch on a custom 1080p profile. no fancy lighting effects or anything but that’s not what i care about. i didn’t really want to pay when it was working just fine before the patch but dave helped me out with a cheap gfx card rec on fb so i’ll just stick that in. thank you dave. now please stop bullying my 120 dollar pc

I have a Haswell-based PC in my storage.
It has an i5-4440 on a B85 Mainboard and therefor has a Intel HD4600 iGPU.
Maybe when I’m bored I’ll install zwift there and test it.

I have a similar PC to this with 16GB of ram and it worked fine before but the last update killed it.

Since this update I’ve had quite a few issues with the Companion App (Android) freezing in Game mode (power/cadence/HR freeze on the same value and the map doesn’t change). Anyone else had this?

A patch for android was released a day or two ago, make sure you are on the latest version.

Awesome, thanks

Potential bug in Companion APP 3.20.1
On Android phone – LM-V405UA
Android v 10 with software version V405UA30C
Kernal 4.9.193 build number QKQ1.191222.002

When in basically any other screen such as Events, Activities, Find Zwifters, etc the app will change focus back to Home screen.

It is like the refresh of the number of users zwifting now is making the Focus change screens.

thanks, I’ll look into this one!

1 Like

Hi all,
Did some of you have some connection issues since the last update ? My internet and wifi are robust, but the riders (not all, some of them) around me disappear and re-appear alternatively for some seconds each 10 minutes…
Absolutely no problem before this update.
I’m running Zwift on an appleTV 4K.
Ride on :slightly_smiling_face:

That kept happening to me yesterday too. I’m on Windows. Could be the update, could be a coincidence.

The last update capped the frame rate of Zwift so the graphics load is limited to some point, especially running in windowed mode.

We the streaming bunch have noted this and found it pretty annoying but little can be done until Zwift fix this.

1 Like

I realise this doesn’t help you much, but I’m on Apple TV 4K too and I’ve had several rides with no problem since the last update.

1 Like

Patrick, this could help you:

My cadence for my avatar is extremely high 170 to 200 romance. Is anybody having this kind of issue?

170 to 200 rpm

No problem !
I think it’s fixed now : I have restored the factory settings of my ATV and reinstalled Zwift, and no more micro deconnection issues. Coincidence or not ? If it helps others…

@Wes do we have release notes of what was in today’s update? Dec. 17th 2020.

There was an update?

just now, I noticed @shooj updated his thread with the latest game release versions. Looks like it was probably just stuff for the tour de Zwift starting after the new year.

Wait just checked computer. Updating now…

1 Like