Game Update - June 26th, 2020

And Watopia is awesome now they moved the seagulls along

7 Likes

Why cant you look at workouts, training plans and routes in Zwift companion? There should be a companion update soon.

10 Likes

I’m with Colin on this one. Where can we find out more about the Seagulls?!?

9 Likes

Hi Lee!

As Wes pointed out, this update will be coming to iOS and AppleTV very soon. Please keep an eye out for that update. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For anyone worried that there’s no update on their platform. Don’t worry. You’re literally not missing out on anything right now.

19 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Elite Drivo 2 problems after June 26 2020 update

Were the seagulls moved to prevent them from crapping on our dreams?

28 Likes

Can’t help thinking that @Zwift have totally miss read the paying customers on this. The pros get the rides and we’ve cleared the seagulls - great result.

Not everyone rides on Zwift to do events. Zwift are seriously getting a pasting over on Facebook - if the intention is to open up the new routes after the TdF then it makes sense but this is a complete marketing error.

27 Likes

I don’t mean to shoot the messenger here, but it should be obvious that making this event only is rather tone deaf on the part of Zwift. A week ago when rumors started swirling the first thing the “old guard” said about it was, “gee, hope they don’t make it event only” and here we are. If there is some compelling reason I can be moved by it but this looks like a bad judgment call.

To whit, I just finished riding about an hour ago but I guarantee I would suit up again and hit the new (virtual) tarmac if this could be ridden. Heck, in the past I did rides after midnight or set an alarm for 4am to ride the new stuff. New stuff is exciting, except of course when it isn’t. By making this event only it pairs the sense of excitement with the deflation that you can’t do anything. It’s like being told it’s your birthday but the cake can only be eaten next week.

37 Likes

Thanks alyssaD_ZHQ😁

1 Like

Is this a joke? We pay for content that we can’t have access to, it’s just stupid. Make all maps available we pay for them

33 Likes

Event only worlds - yawn
Fiddled with some seagulls - double yawn.

Not sure this update really qualifies as a “big one” given that I suspect the majority of users will never notice a difference.

18 Likes

@Wes People on Facebook are speculating that the France world will eventually be open to free riding. If that’s true, why not just say that up front and avoid all this complaining? I’m sure you’re just the one posting a text that been looked at by several others but it’s really a poor communication piece.

22 Likes

My pleasure!

1 Like

Although a little disappointing (yes, I would be straight on riding the new routes if I could), rather than repeat previous comments, I guess I can add my opinion that ‘France’ must surely be an open world, while ‘Paris’ may remain event only.
I suspect Zwift will take one of the following approaches:

• Make the world/routes available following the TdF events (not officially announced but first due next weekend on 4th July)

• Schedule ‘events’ to ride the new routes before (doubtful) or following (more likely) the TdF events before making ‘France’ an open world

• Only make ‘France’ available as an open world once all the TdF events have concluded (I really hope this isn’t the approach taken)

Lets see… As a platform, Zwift is still amazing and the team are doing great things. I think they themselves know they could be (and need to become) slicker in terms of engaging with the community and rolling out updates… Personally I’m still excited and optimistic about how Zwift will develop…

20 Likes

Well said, Jon. A spoonful of sugar and all that…

3 Likes

I guess it must be a typo. Cannot be „event only“. Why p… o… 80% of your customer base? While going on a race may be interesting for many, why not give the customer base the option to also go up a mountain on their own? I just don‘t get it. And I also don‘t get why I have to quit and relaunch the app once I want to change the course/world. This is so 80s computing… Is this hybris?

14 Likes

I can’t remember an update post I’ve enjoyed reading the comments more than this one tonight! At least this thread isn’t event only. I’ve just grabbed some popcorn!

36 Likes

Reading this again, it doesn’t actually state they are event only. Hmmm…we’ll wait.

1 Like

It’s weird, @AlyssaD_ZHQ Is monitoring this thread but has clearly been instructed not to answer any of the pertinent questions.

It’s like an analogy for Zwift in general - we see what you’re saying but we’re just going to ignore it.

34 Likes