Game Update - August 6th, 2020

It’s Monday and I still don’t see the Companion App in the play store. I’d like to set up a meetup in France this week but can’t do it without the update. What’s the holdup?

1 Like

My Apple TV doesn’t have this problem after the update. Yes, it sounds like a good idea to try deleting and reinstalling the app.

1 Like

Unfortunately not - even when out in the full sun, my head and legs were completely black and only the white print on my jersey was showing up. I’ll note that the riders around me were also extremely dark and sometimes fully blacked out like mine. It is weird.

1 Like

Looks like you need some prayers brother.

1 Like

On version 3.17 on iPhone - still don’t have France and Paris available when I set up a meetup?

France and Paris Meetups waiting to be “turned on” at the server

1 Like

@TGattorna My son and I use the same ATV (two trainers, two separate accounts, used one at a time). I didn’t have any issues after the update (multiple rides, including one not long before he rode tonight). He, however, had the same blackout avatar tonight as you, as did the rider immediately in front of him. Even in the garage his avatar was blacked out, but he got it back to normal by clicking on his normal skin tone “me”). This was a short ride (meetup in NYC), and on a second short ride (Paris) his avatar was normal. He did feel like the power from the Neo2T was reading low, but he doesn’t have a separate PM on the bike to verify that sensation, so we’ll see how it goes tomorrow.

1 Like

The update stalled at the last 2 seconds and I now can’t launch zwift on my windows 10. Anyone had similar issue and has any idea how to resolve this?

Received this error message “Upload Failed during patching. Error Cord: Z113 at Line 602 in Patcher.cpp”

From an older thread. See if this still works.

1 Like

Thanks Mike. I saw the old threads.

Tried this method 3 times over but didn’t work … uninstall and installed as well … on my 4th run now … not sure what is the problem.

Have you deleted all traces of zwift?

1 Like

Yeah deleted all folders. The 4th run also didn’t work.

I read it may have to do with the wifi. So I’ve uninstalled again, deleted all zwift-related folders, disconnected from the wifi, connected to my phone’s hotspot and reinstalling / updating now.

Let’s see if 5th time is a charm.

5th time was indeed the charm! Anyone having the same problems as I did, just do the following;

1. Uninstall Zwift and delete all related folders in system.
  2. Disconnect/disable from network and wifi.
  3. Plug in mobile phone and hotspot it.
  4. Download current program.
  5. Run application/update. This took about 20mins over 4G.

Until the next “update” drama … Ride On!

1 Like

Mine was the same last night. I deleted the app (from Apple TV) and reinstalled, looked fine this morning.

Hi @Wes - it may be pure coincidence but I tried to ride on iOS this morning (Tuesday) and it crashed four times in the space of 40mins. Didn’t freeze, just kicked me out altogether and back to the home screen. IPhone 7, fully charged, all connections OK, hasn’t done this before today (last used Zwift on iPhone yesterday).

Perhaps not related to this release but I see that the Companion App has just been updated, so wondered if it’s done something to the Zwift App code…

Perfectly normal for France to appear in New Caledonia. Although, Paris does appear in Paris :man_shrugging:

Ugh. Monday I ran in Zwift France without problem using foot pod and 4k ATV, then tried to switch to the Wahoo smart bike. The bike paired fine then went back to the pairing screen and insisted that I had to pair through Zwift Companion, which I never ever use. I checked in FulGaz and it recognizes and reads the bike just fine. Now Zwift doesn’t even see my foot pod. It insists I have to use Zwift Companion to pair anything. Not happening. Had to run using Virtual Active videos with my Zwift foot pod today (which downloaded to Strava just fine). I’ll try uninstalling and reinstalling Zwift when I can find the time. What a pain to have it break while we’re in lockdown.

@Keith_Wakeham-7256 and anybody else interested…

Zwift is looking for any device (neither Bluetooth MAC address or device name matter) that is advertising the service 347b0001-7635-408b-8918-8ff3949ce592

When it sees that, it displays a steering wheel on the pairing screen, and you can then click through and select the Sterzo Smart.

Basically if you have the Sterzo (smart) in BT range of your Zwift device when you log in, Zwift will recognize it automatically and display it as being pairable on the pairing screen.

August 13 @ 23:30 UTC, and we have released a hot patch for the August 6 game release.

Please check the latest version numbers on this thread.

AppleTV hot patch is not out yet - still under Apple review.
Mac / PC are available now
Android is also out and should be available globally.
iOS is out, but is still propagating.

1 Like