Game Update 1.51 [October 2023]

From a 4070 and i7?

Shuji, I get better framerates in MS Flight Simulator with a 3060Ti. Zwift ain’t no MSFS.

Notes on today’s update from Zwift Insider: New Roads in Watopia! Zwift Update Version 1.51 (122036) Released | Zwift Insider

2 Likes

(I really hope it’s ERG resistance, not just being slowed down via “virtual rolling resistance”)

I rode Sugar Cookie today.
Lots of black boxes flashing. Some on the birds in the new roads, some over my avatar, some on riders passing the other direction.

You’re running Windows? I haven’t seen it on an M1 mac, Medium profile.

Yes, Windows 10. GeForce RTX 2070 Super.

When will Zwift Play be sold outside of the US, UK & EU so that ALL “Zwifters can use Play to navigate Zwift and interact with other riders”?

Not a fan of this “phased release” business as I always seem to get the update much later than almost everyone else. Cannot proactively update to latest version to avoid later surprise(s). Really annoying.

5 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Black squares in Watopia expansion [October 2023] [1.51]

you have corrected the alphabetical order in the legacy plans?

just to add some info. this isn’t specific to watopia, which i understand received a graphical update - FPS is halved in other worlds too and there is pretty severe stuttering, inability to handle crowds properly and so on. it happens not only watopia but makuri etc. can check london or other worlds if necessary but i suspect the problem will persist there

people on facebook who certainly know a whole lot more about PC hardware than me seem convinced that it’s just how it is, but i’ve been benchmarking for an entire month now as mine is a tiny ITX build and the thermals required a lot of work. due to some unwise component choices i made when building it i had to get semi competent at that pretty fast. I am able to make some direct comparisons pre and post patch and i’m not so convinced. single processor core useage is down from 100% to 70%, operating temperatures in zwift are down from a relatively normal 65-70c to a comatose 35c-45c

i just think it’s worth mentioning to the team who handle this stuff. a lot of people out there are on 1050tis, 970s, 1060s (me, usually…) etc. i am wondering about how my TTTs tonight are going to go honestly

4 Likes

Probably didn’t have enough resources to get it through testing with all the rest of the new stuff.

Patience, it’ll get released.

1 Like

Could we get the ride on bomb indicator out from behind the fence controls?

Rollout of v1.51.0 has begun on iOS / tvOS, and more Windows / macOS / Android devices will receive it as well.

1 Like

Wow. Just wow. The graphics update in Watopia is great! Congratulations to the graphics team. Everything is brighter and crisper. There is so much new stuff to see. Downtown Watopia looks fantastic. I especially like that you can see further into the distance. Good job everyone!

14 Likes

Agreed Alan. It’s beyootiful in 4K.

1 Like

So does that mean someone with the update would find stage 4 of the tour slightly easier than someone that hasn’t had the update?

No because “gravel” is only in Scotland so that’s the only road with the change.

3 Likes

Am using Windows and still on 1.50.2 can I manually updated the game

On iOS, I am unable to copy a workout on the otherwise fine new workout screen. Likewise, there doesn’t seem to be a way to adjust the FTP.

Is this a known issue or something that is coming - or won’t we get that kind of functionality on iOS? I really hope so, because I use both quite a lot.

1 Like