Game Update 1.34 [April 2023]

I wonder if the upcoming “Coffee Break” feature could be used to change bikes mid-ride.

1 Like

I’d guess not as you need to be almost at a standstill for the option to be available.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Zwift Play Intro [April 2023]

I’d expect that you’re right, but I’ve had a number of experiences where I join a big group ride where we’re all changed to the same kit and jammed in close in the pen, and only after we’re a couple km down the road do I realize that I’m still riding my gravel bike from the Temple KoM hill climb race (or Serpentine 8 ride, or whatever) I did yesterday. Would love to be able to not have to end the ride (or sprint like a madman in a vain attempt to recatch my group or Coco after swapping) because of that screwup. I know they’re introducing that new feature for TT bikes on a pace partner ride, but I’d love to be able to use Coffee Breaks to fix similar issues.

As you say, it’s unlikely to work because of the whole moving issue, but it’d be lovely if it did.

UPDATE April 13
More Windows users will see the 1.34 update available today.

The next incremental rollout will happen Monday, as we try to avoid Friday releases whenever possible.

3 Likes

We’re gradually rolling this update out across all platforms over the next few weeks, and most Windows users should have it by the end of next week (April 21) unless we observe any unexpected issues.

2 Likes

This release does not yet support native Apple Silicon. We’re actively working on it though and are eager to get this out to you as soon as possible. We’ll share an announcement when it’s ready to go live.

1 Like

When will Mac users get this? So far I’m still on the old version.

@evan-zwift all these new features coming to Zwift are fantastic but I have to ask just one thing…

When oh when will we get a rider shadow on M1 macs?

Watching GPLama’s latest YouTube video and seeing that rider shadow makes a big difference. (to me anyway).

shadow

Is it unrealistic to think we will get the shadow back soon?

Thanks,

Chris.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Running Shorts Wrong Style/Colour [1.34]

UPDATE April 17

Zwift version 1.34 is available to more macOS / iOS / AppleTV devices today. If you see anything that doesn’t seem right - please flag it up in this thread.

3 Likes

Still not seeing it on PC or Android

It is still phased in.

1 Like

I observed parts of the scenery disappearing and reappearing in the beginning of the route Country to Coastal after the 1.34 update.

That is a known issue: Entire buildings and objects disappear

It may be, but now it looks worse because in this specific part it didn’t happen in 1.33.6

We do plan to enable better shadows on more devices including M1 (and newer) Macs, just making sure we do it right so that it doesn’t impact game performance. Stay tuned!

3 Likes

I seem to be on the 1.34 blacklist for my macOS devices.

From July 2020! When does a known issue just become part of the game?

2 Likes

Is that also the plan for Android devices?
We also have no shadow and pretty crappy images :sleepy: