Game Update 1.27 [July 2022]

Promising!

Connect with AppleTV and you’ll get the “Ride with”, but not the new homescreen… Hopefully that’s coming soon, too!

5 Likes

Also please bring back last route ridden. thanks.

4 Likes

Hey, I’d like to see a personal “event schedule” in the companion app.
I usually plan my group workouts for the next 5-8 days and instead of having just an event in my calendar on my phone (which don’t entail details such as W/kg etc.)I’d like to see a section where all my currently planned group workouts are listed. Ideally even with non group workouts which should also be able to select from the companion app as many have pointed out.

Greetings Ben

8 Likes

Can we have banded rides within the club setup please

3 Likes

See the Clubs update thread, rubberbanding is being worked on

3 Likes

Can’t believe the “ride with” feature was done away with. Who makes these decisions anyway? And why is it taking so long to put back something we already “had”?

6 Likes

If I understand you correctly, this is already available. In the Companion app you should see the next activity for which you have signed up in the Events section. If you swipe left you should see the next event for which you have signed up. If you continue this you should see all the events for which you are currently signed up.

4 Likes

Thanks Nigel. Really didn’t know the swiping feature. One step in the right direction :slight_smile:
Would still prefer a table with columns or/and a zwift calendar with more event details for better overview reasons.
But that will do for now :slight_smile:

Thanks Shuji. Is there any info on rider shadows on M1 Macs being addressed?

1 Like

Have you fixed the ride with function. I can no longer join my griend when they are free riding. Miss this functionality lots.

4 Likes

hi @Annabel_J_ZHR_G welcome to Zwift forums.

Not yet. We’re know many of you want this back ASAP, and we’re working on it as noted upstream.

1 Like

After updating the software I receive a ZwiftApp.exe - Bad Image error and Zwift will not run. I have uninstalled Zwift, restarted the computer and reinstalled the software and the same error comes up. How do I correct this?

Hi @Jill_Weber1203 welcome to Zwift forums.

Shuji at Zwift HQ here. “Bad Image error” sounds like files might not have downloaded correctly during today’s automated update. I’ll ask you to try deleting all the Zwift-related files on your computer to make sure any bad files are gone, then manually download the latest game package.

There are step by step instructions on our Support Hub. Please be sure to move your personal best and custom workout files out of harm’s way before you delete everything else.

By the way - I noticed that you’re on an older version of our Zwift launcher app. When you download the latest package from zwift.com/downloads, you’re also going to get the latest launcher app. While you’re installing it - you may get a message asking you to install Microsoft components that Zwift needs. Say yes to those prompts, please.

Would you let us know if that solves the error for you?

1 Like

We need that to be able to join you while you are eVeresting!!!

Zwift Insider’s post about today’s release: Zwift Update Version 1.27.0 (101324) Released | Zwift Insider

4 Likes

Exactly @Ludovic_Jost_CLS_ZLD :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: … A perfect example where it is now much, much harder for people to easily join someone on a ride. Everyone is just going to have to wait at the bottom :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve just seen the black and white screenshot. Is there any way to turn that off? It seems like a pretty shitty thing to do to any paying customers. Purposely downgrading their experience for the next month to warn them that their device will no longer be supported. A pop-up at the start of the ride informing them should be sufficient warning but a constant reminder like that?

Just sounds like a really terrible way to treat customers. Or I guess that’s just business as usual in the case of Zwift.

To be fair to Zwift, they have been talking about this for aaaaaages. You will also find those devices are not able to update normal apps like FB, Whatsapp etc. All those apps (every app?) phase out support to older devices.

And look, I have to buy a new tablet for CA so am affected too

You’ll need to hurry to be back quickly in order for us to not wait too long down there!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: