Game Update 1.17 - September 15th, 2021

yes it’s direct drive, ANT pairs for the “power source”, “cadence” and “controllable”, i don’t know if that means it’s FE-C

It will have the letters FE-C in the description when searching for a signal in the pairing screen.

Other troubleshooting:

CONNECTIVITY LIGHT (LED) DISPLAY USING ANT+
(Once connected to your power source)

1. Flashing RED / BLUE / GREEN- The VOLT™ trainer is starting up. (This process will normally complete in 2 -4 seconds after power is on)

2. Flashing BLUE- The VOLT™ trainer is transmitting ANT+ and searching for a device to connect to.

3. SOLID BLUE – ANT+ is connected and the VOLT™ trainer is active and sending signals to your device.

UPDATING / CHECKING FIRMWARE

IMPORTANT: ONLY USE the JETBLACK CYCLING App for Firmware updates. Do not attempt to upload other devices firmware . This may cause terminal damage to your VOLT™.

The JetBlack App will notify you when an update is available. Updates will also advertised on the JetBlack Cycling Website.

Ensure the VOLT™ trainer it is connected to the power source and operating correctly. After 3 seconds The VOLT™ LED display will flash BLUE. This shows the trainer is ready to connect to App’s via Bluetooth FTMS or ANT+. Ensure all 3rd party App’s are closed on your device.

1. Open the JetBlack Cycling App
  2. Ensure Bluetooth is on. Note Ant+ cannot be used to update firmware
  3. Navigate to ‘Settings’ ( do not connect to the VOLT™ )
  4. Select ‘Firmware’
  5. Select ‘Scan’
  6. Carefully select the trainer you wish to update and follow instructions. Note: Choosing the wrong Device/Firmware will cause un-repairable damage to your trainer.

NOTE: Updating Firmware can only be done via BLE and with a good Wi-Fi connection. The updating process can take between 30 seconds and 2 minutes depending on connection strength.

1. Once firmware update is complete, navigate to connect devices and connect your VOLT™.

Loss of connection while on 3rd party training App’s.

• Check LED Status, if showing as connected, please check App connection and proximity to the VOLT™ trainer.
  • Check no other BLE devices are connected to the device.
  • Check your Volt is not connected to any other device.
  • If your trainer is showing as not connected (Flashing blue) follow reconnection procedure.

Having the previous version of the firmware (1.0.6) was when I first noticed the problem. In fact, I have never updated my firmware on my Kickr ever, but noticed this week the issues with ERG. So, I updated the firmware to 1.1.1, but this still did not resolve the issue. I noticed this problem after the latest Zwift updates. Before that, all was working fine and has been for a few years.

the reinstall of zwift seems to have resolved the issue, i’ve never updated the firmware on the volt device and it’s never been a problem before, all the light indicators are as expected and i can see that it’s connected to zwift as the cadence and power where showing. The fact that it’s working after a reinstall suggests it’s not an issue with the volt device.

1 Like

HELP!!! After installing the update (Apple TV), I no longer have any resistance on my trainer (Kinetic Controllable Trainer). I had to average 110 RPM in my hardest gear on the Zwift Academy Recovery ride yesterday to barely keep up with the group! I rebooted the trainer, Apple TV, iPhone (Companion App). Nothing helped. Today I also noticed that the free ride progress bar is gone. It was there yesterday after the update with the “km to go” update.

Route Progress Bar seems to have disappeared today.

Yes. It’s gone. WTHeck!!!

Which route did you ride?

I remember, from the last update, that not all routes would have the progress bar. It seems to me that Zwift needs to add the data for each route for the progress bar and they may have missed a few.

GPLama has a video of him riding Suki’s Playground route in Makuri Islands from earlier in the month and it doesn’t show the progress bar. So there seems to be a few routes missing from the last version. I don’t know if they’ve added those routes in the latest version.

I tried lots of routes including ones in NewYork where I often ride and it has always been displayed before.

My kickr gen2 trainer is no longer working with resistance control on Apple TV. Common zwift can you put in some decent quality testing so as not to break things every release!

Problems I encountered on PC, Windows 10:

1. Wahoo Kickr Bike steering disconnected multiple times. Power and cadence also disconnected twice, at different times than the steering.
  2. I selected the Two Village Loop route and didn’t get the achievement. I’m not sure if it took me on the right course or not, but I didn’t change any turns. Edit: I found this topic saying that a turn might happen when using the drone view and arrows to move the camera (Using Drone Camera View Steers You Off Your Chosen Route!) See my route here: 15.5 mi Ride Activity on September 17, 2021 by Dave K. on Strava
  3. “Exiting” text didn’t show while closing Zwift. It just clumsily closed with a couple different frozen screens.
  4. I got a sprint jersey. Not sure I actually earned it, and the icon didn’t show by my name. I did see the icon by someone else’s name though, even while I was wearing the sprint jersey. I think this is an old bug.
  5. The critical power graph shown during the ride summary was incorrect. I did a workout, where one part was 10 minutes at 302 W. It showed my 10 minute best for the ride at like 280 W. I think this may be an old bug.

I’m not thrilled to be part of the beta testing for this new update.

1 Like

I have a Wahoo kickr bike and before the Mid July update steering worked, but after that update Bluetooth power controller connection no longer worked so steering has not been available since. The merges at the sprint release are their issue. They should learn to release updates as they are tested instead of waiting to the end of a sprint - doing that makes their merges much smaller and less likely to fail

Hi @Wes @shooj

Just completed a meetup race with ~30 riders on Greater London Flat, and the draft was broken again like a couple of months ago. Riders were zig zigzagging across the road, and you had 2 separate groups alongside each other at the same time one in the middle of the left hand lane, and one in the middle of the road.

Totally ruined the ride/race experience…I hope you can fix this asap. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I rode three routes today and none had the progress bar. The feature is broken after working for one day. At least for me.

Is it possible you pressed the down arrow while using the drone camera view? There’s a post saying this can cause a turn to be chosen or a u-turn. I think it may have happened to me today. It’s supposed to move the camera around, but they say it may make you turn.

Did anyone else have a bizzaro backwards ride today? For me the flats and descents were like climbing, lots of resistance. I was having to ride in gears I’d usually climb in to ride the flats and descents. Didn’t have that issue on Monday.

Hi, same for me today, the only way that it works was force close companion app and turn off wifi on my phone, I use an ANT+ dongle to get everything connected

Yes…Thats my issue experienced with this update on the Apple TV with Kickr trainer Gen2

Crap failure, will not activate the app, just goes to web page and fails. Timne wasting device

Good capex is not to listen to what users what, but to spend on TV ads instead!