Game Update 1.17 - September 15th, 2021

Is anyone else not able to log on at all after the updates?

Have uninstalled/reinstalled checked internet connections and firewall :weary: no luck - any ideas

+1 for the Wahoo dircon support, please

3 Likes

As suggested by another user I didn’t use the companion app today, I just connected kickr to Apple TV bia Bluetooth & no dramas at all. So it seems the issue affecting me & others relating to resistance not working is directly related to the companion app after the update 1.17

Thanks Craig
I tried re-install without any input from the companion app with no luck. But I appreciate your help. Cheers Col

Yes Wahoo Kickr on PC. Direct connect to iPad worked. Tried resetting prefs and known devices. Did not help. Will try fresh install next. Or maybe it needed companion update.

My Bluetooth no longer works, says the device is switched off, checked settings and BT is switched on.

Windows 10 updated also.

1 Like

My HRM still drops out. Perfectly fine on RGT and MyWhoosh.

When is Zwift going to display
power on runs for those using Stryd?

Also how about a lap button that records your interval efforts while training on Zwift

Brand new install of Windows 10 and Zwift and this still happens. :rofl:

Consider yourself ‘lucky’! At least you have resistance. Granted, in a dyslexia manner. I’m using an Apple TV with Kinetic trainer + Companion app and have no resistance. My only way to generate any kind of wattage is to pedal at insane rates (well over 100 RPM). So, for now, I have to put Zwift Academy on hold and any ride or workout where I want to generate more than 50-60 Watts at reasonable cadences (~90 RPM). Sigh.

Update: I have been one of the users that had NO resistance from my trainer after the update. I am using an Apple TV 4K, Companion App, and Kinetic Controllable Trainer. My first attempt to solve the problem was to reboot the Kinetic Trainer (unplug from power and reconnect), close and reopen the Companion App on my iPhone, close and reopen the Zwift App on my Apple TV. That did NOT solve the problem. Today I DELETED the Companion app on my iPhone and Zwift app on my Apple TV and reinstalled. SUCCESS! My trainer now generates resistance. I should have deleted one app at a time to see which one was the culprit, but I was too lazy to run the procedure twice. Anyway, you might want to delete and reinstall these apps to try to fix the problem. BTW, the ROUTE PROGRESS BAR IS STILL MISSING for me after working for just the first day after applying the update.

1 Like

Same issue on my side. I rode Kappa Quest and Flatland Loop (Makuri Islands) yesterday, and the progress bar was missing for both. I was not doing a training session.

1 Like

I can confirm this, sukis playground is missing the progress bar.

Progress bars vanished for me too. Really enjoyed them during the few days they were there

2 Likes

Constant issues with Apple TV and Zwift for most of this year either no resistance, too much resistance failed calibrations and erg mode not working. I agree when are you going to fix this?
Going back onto my wind trainer at least I get a reliable resistance and uninterrupted workouts.
Also looking at other apps pretty fed up

1 Like

I just deleted companion app only, reinstalled & it did not work. I had to connect to Apple TV via Bluetooth which did work. Sort of makes companion app useless after the update. I am guessing maybe deleting zwift app on Apple TV & reinstalling might be the go?

Better still, zwift might provide customer service & comment about known error, give an eta on fix or they could reinstall previous firmware & fix there issues before telling us to update!!

In relation to the update errors. My wife updated our windows 8 to windows 10 and it’s working again. Col

Same issue at the 3R ride. Getting flicked out of the draft in a group of 10-15 riders on the flats with steady power. Looked like ants scattering across the road. Constant zig zagging for all riders and unable to pace.

3 Likes

Today riding London when overtaking i would steer to the extreme right every time instead of just moving out as normal to pass riders.

sometimes when someone approached me from behind i would shoot out to the extreme right as well then come back and they’d shoot out to the right ads they passed.

not noticed this before and don’t think it happened when I rode watopia yesterday so may be london specific?

4 Likes