Egpu support is gone? (MacOS 12.5.1)

Make sure you are comparing the same profile and resolution. When I search for 5700, I see lots of “Ultra” and when I search 580, I see “Medium”. The 5700 should give you significantly better Max FPS with the same settings/host CPU.

1 Like

Ah you are right.

What does P1 FPS mean? Is a value of 35 considered bad?

I’m seeing a lot of people running 2160 (4K) res. IME, 1440 (2K) looks virtually the same and is far less taxing on systems. (that wasn’t specific to you but yours was the latest comment)

Hover over the info circle next to it on Zwiftalizer and it’ll describe what the terms mean.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

I’m using a rx 5500 xt. On a 2018 mini now. Zwift gives me medium which seems to be the new default. They STILL don’t have the 5500xt on the list. I think the 5700 variants are, though. There’s a thread on that.

1 Like

Ah. How do we find this list, is it public somewhere?

That depends on how you define “public.”
I ran the unix utility “strings” against the Zwift binary to find what I posted in the other thread.

1 Like

I found the post. Thank you!

To be clear, I did not include the full list in that post – only AMD cards closely related to mine.

I wonder could you modify/replace one of those strings to a different AMD card and see what happens?

Edit: You can with a HEX Editor. If those GPU strings only exist in the program as a “checklist” to allow for Ultra/High/etc profile, then replacing one of them with your AMD card could do the trick.

Or not…who knows lol

Edit 2: You know what, I’m not even sure of the legality of that. Best left untouched.