Editing titles bug (for me at least)

when trying to edit a title you see this:

to save the edit you have to click the invisible button that is just to the left of the x

not sure if it is a scaling or browser issue (i’m using chrome on windows 10)

It’s not just you. This has been bugged for ages.

It’s an SVG but the name or path to the SVG sprite seems to be invalid.

e.g. <use href="#check"></use> isn’t working, but the <use href="#times"></use> for the cancel button is.

Dunno why - I’ve tested <use href="#check"></use> on https://meta.discourse.org/ and it works fine there.

Not that I’ve investigated too extensively as I can’t fix it anyway. :smiley:

2 Likes

It looks like the problem is the styling for:

.btn-primary .d-icon {
    color: var(--secondary);
    margin-right: 0.45em;
    transition: color 0.25s;
}

i.e. the styling for the SVG within the button which has the .btn-primary class on it

<button aria-label="Save Edit" id="ember101" class=" btn-primary [...]" type="button">
   <svg class="fa d-icon d-icon-check svg-icon svg-string"
      xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
        <use href="#check"></use>
    </svg>
</button>

The colour var(--secondary) is #fcfcfc which is identical to the page background colour. So the icon is there, it’s just impossible to see.

By contrast (no pun intended) the default styles are:

.btn .d-icon {
    color: var(--primary-high);
    margin-right: 0.45em;
    transition: color 0.25s;
}

--primary-high being dimgray.

So this can be fixed by changing the btn-primary class to btn-default or changing the styling to a darker colour for the SVG icon.

It’d be a good idea to add some text to these if possible, too.

1 Like

(EDIT: This post of mine was merged into this thread by a moderator, hence why it seems disconnected to the thread)

When I click the “pencil” edit button to change the title of a post, there is a save button but it is invisible (only the “cancel” cross to the right of it is visible:

(This is on Chrome Version 108.0.5359.125 (64-bit) on Windows 11 (22H2 build 22621.963))