Dubious Strava KOM/QOM records

I actually have a KOM up the Alpe from this effect. I lost the connection early on in the ride for a couple of seconds and then found myself far ahead of the fence. At one point I got catapulted towards another rider who was ahead of me by 10-15 s at warp speed and from then on we just kept catapulting off each other up the alpe going up to 46 kph. I almost got seasick from it… I’d like my KOM and my PB of the Alpe get removed without removing the ride, but I don’t know if that’s possible…

Well that brings up another issue that everyone who Zwifts should be aware of.
From time to time, there are program errors that occur resulting in incredible game speeds.
All users, when they notice such game behavior should STOP RIDING!
Close the game and restart.
The results are inaccurate anyways and by stopping, you avoid having to ask ZP “please remove result”.
The error is not the users fault but finishing your ride under those circumstances is inexcusable.

Well, it was a group workout and not a race or anything. I’m not gonna quit a workout half way through just because the speed is off. The speed of group workouts is wonky anyways and doesn’t reflect your power output…

If it’d be a race it’d be a different story, but I don’t think this kind of bug is possible in races…

Good News/ Bad News with this bug. Had a small meetup today and started to climb Box Hill. The meetup had us climbing at 27-29 mph due to the glitch. Sure enough it lasted all of box hill and then we got the following screen shot. Which I’m all in favor of preventing cheating, but the meetup got disconnected and riders were left to ride solo. Luckily it was a smaller group ride today, but functionally broke the group up.

1 Like

But you asked to have KOM and PR removed without removing the ride.
Why do you want to preserve the record of a clearly flawed ride.
Your stats are flawed if you maintain these records.

Garbage in, garbage out.

1 Like

The watts I put out for the workout are still accurate. The stats are flawed anyways if you do group workouts of any sorts…

The bug (or whatever) that’s causing these bogus KOM times is something that Zwift needs to work out. It doesn’t really affect me, because I’m probably not going to do too many “keep together” group rides. I’ve always found managing the pace (and the draft) in a group ride to be one of the more interesting challenges in cycling. It’s part physical. It’s part bike handling skill. And it’s a huge part management/negotiation/people skills.

The junk KOM records don’t affect me personally that much. I’m never likely to find myself wearing a polka dotted jersey - in Zwift or anywhere else. But I’ll admit it would be interesting to see what top cyclists can really do on some of these climbs. Without having to page through hundreds of bogus listings, trying to figure out where the real records start.

If there was one area that Zwift is a little weak, its that it doesn’t really keep very good data on your historical efforts. And most of your Personal Bests get tossed after 30 days anyway. That’s where Strava comes in. And Strava makes it easy to bridge your Zwift cycling with your real world rides. (And your other athletic activities, if you do them.)

Well I like how Zwift assumes it is you that is the problem…(Sarcasm).

I was more annoyed they killed the meetup and we could not reconnect with each other’s had it been my weekly weekend meetup with 20+ riders I would really be pissed. This is an inconvenience but still quite a glitch. Glad they are stopping cheaters, but it’s a meetup…

Ive seen several Strava times at around 100 mph for Zwift sprints. Not only that, but all the times in the top 100+ are nuts - can you use a car or moto on Zwift?

I think there was a pro race up the alp climb last year with some of the Ineos pro riders among other pros. If you search for team ineos race Alpe du zwift you can see the results on cycling weekly. Rohan Dennis, Kwiatowski and Froome were participating. Dennis won the race so, and Kwiatowski still has his time on strava at 35:17, sadly 165th place on strava!
I would guess a top pro time would be 33-35 if they went for a PR. The race time for that event was a little over 1 hour total.
I would type anything under 34 is highly suspect.

Wonder how many Tacx Bluematic turbo’s recently got their riders up into the the top100