Dropdown Name Choices

(K.C. Race3R) #1

With riders doing group, race, and team rides much more frequently, our need to add Team names and/or name extensions is quite common.  To make these name switches easier, it would be great to have the Zwift profile edit page to have a drop down selection available for our different names, so we can easily select  THANKS. 

(Daren Chandisingh [Vision]) #2

Another thing that might be good would be to add a separate field for “Team”. 

As the longer names scroll left and right, having the team separate could enable that aspect to stay fixed.

(Duane Gran [Vision]) #3

I’m in the separate name field camp.  Appending some letters to your name is a work around and worthwhile experiment, but proper registration to teams or groups is the next step.

On that note, I prefer generally to see people use real names.  The trend has gone recently toward all sorts of nicknames.  It’s just my preference and something I doubt that Zwift will have much control over.

(Tim Parker ODZ (C)) #4

I certainly like a user editable field (perhaps on the customisation page) to add a name suffix _or_ allow name edits other than on the pause screen (which isn’t really very user friendly).

Programatically and practically this probably makes most sense to be a text entry field rather a combo-box/drop-down type widget - otherwise it’d be mostly work keeping up with what people want. When official teams and team events come in that could obviously be handled elsewhere and automatically, don’t necessarily see a clash there. Just me 2p worth anyway :slight_smile: