Dog companion runner

In real life, my dog is my constant walking / running companion. How fun would it be to have a furry friend trotting along beside you in the Zwift world too! Maybe offer one as a prize for completing a challenge.

Haha - fun idea. I’d probably have jogging stroller.

1 Like

But it’s a bit dangerous if the dog is not on a leash, he could run after the riders. :smiley:

4 Likes

And with a leach it’s dangerous for the cyclists. Come on…:thinking:

1 Like

Why not? Especially once there are mtb singletrails :wink: on Zwift. Have you ever seen trail dogs? Amazing!

Very nice idea! )

1 Like

This gets my vote!!! I have 2 Brittanys and I take them everywhere!!! I’d love to get a dog :dog: in zwift with me!

1 Like

This is a fantastic idea and would love to see this on Zwift especially as my real dog can’t run anymore due to her age.

1 Like

Different dog breeds for different level unlocks? :grinning:

1 Like

Having Dogs to Run/Walk with would be awesome! I love taking my dogs in real life!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: superb idea, great user experience and potential follow up benefits (for example to use up everyones overflowing drop points and/or bring back some gamefication fun for those who have leveled up to the max) . Such a shame Zwift are so caught up in there own mess and silly ideas we dont want for this to ever see the light of day :cry:

More suited to the off road/gravel sections and probably only for free rides.
Imagine the chaos in group rides or races, it could end up like you are being chased down by a pack of hounds :dog2:+:man_biking:

I am seeing that as another plus :crazy_face:

Would they be able to get aero-assistance from them … making it even harder to create a breakaway :thinking:

1 Like

They could add a new power up … called “Release the hounds” … that uncoupled your dog from the leash to cause swerving and other chaos for the following riders … Here is a short video of this being demoed

https://fb.watch/7vpjfgJGak/

1 Like

Zwift will end up with a Dog dept bigger then the Bike one.
Drops for Dogs, Dog Food…
Why isn’t my fav dog type in the Dog House (as the Garage get renamed)
Whats wrong with Cats, I want Cats…
Other peoples Dogs are cheating
My Dog should be included in a family plan

Your Dogs runs off and you have to chase it to get it back

1 Like

We should vote this up and make it the most requested feature :joy:

Dog Bots to fill in the half steps between the Human ones.
Say in the Desert a Coyote doing 2w/kg, unless the Roadrunner appears…

1 Like

Dog in a basket, we all know “Sweat Sells”, but there are cyclists who just want to cruise around with a warm glow at best, so maybe a step through with a basket and a “cute dog”, I can think of at least 2 household members who would be up for that (something, something, family plan)