Connection unstable

First time (in a long time using Zwift with the same setup without any issues) that I had the “connection disconnected” message today, during Tour de Zwift stage 7 (so in Makuri, as mentioned before).

The number of participants dropped each time I got the message, and increased again once my connection was better. My place was also “–”, and I noticed a green jersey in front of my name while I was nowhere near to being first in the sprint (due to my connection thinking that I was the only one riding on that route/in the event I guess).

I was using other apps at the same time without any internet/wifi/bluetooth issues.

1 Like

Happened to me again tonight. Again in Makuri. Again messed up the entire workout. No more riding in Makuri for me until Zwift get this sorted.

We’re turned off the erroneous connection unstable/disconnected messages.

Please let me know if you continue to see a number of them - but it sounds like yours have been genuine which is a different situation entirely.

1 Like

Yours do sound a bit different to the others, if it just happens in one world and crashes the game that is very different to my experience

With all these posts on here & Zwift still not taking any notice with these faults

Hi James. What are suggesting that orhers not being genuine.

Never had a problem in over 3 years with Zwift & now constant every day since last week.

Is turning off the message fixing the fault or just hiding this?

1 Like

I also had the dropout issues over WiFi during TDZ rides, especially the Makuri stage; no event data and messages of unstable connection/disconnected. The data field (power, HR, cadence) kept showing numbers but the event list and other riders were gone. This happened several times during the ride but thankfully I was able to finish the stage.

Today I had the same issue during the Paris stage (make up event). Before that I did a workout and pace-partner ride with zero issues or disconnections so for me it’s definitely related to the group events.

I think James meant they were getting the message as their connection really was unstable whereas others were getting them for other reasons bot that anyone was being disingenuous in any way.

They have turned off the messages while they see what is going on. So hiding it while.it is being investigated.

I’m not really sure what the intention of the messages are, I know if my connection is bad as all riders will disappear

Morning Chris & thank you for trying to clear up. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Well my frustrations continues. Done an update on ATV before ride. Then speed test got 70 mbps which is standard. Entered TDZ 7 and got constantly disconnected.

Speed Test only gets you so far, and is a relatively local test. Far more interesting would be your ping times to Zwift’s US servers.

You can try Zwiftalizer 2.0

Hi Dave,

We’ve had quite a few messages recently from people getting connection dropped / unstable messages recently when there didn’t seem to be any issue. Yours is an actual connectivity issue and Gerrie’s advice to try using Zwiftaliser is sensible.

1 Like

Interesting & thank you for reaching out. Will definitely take a look.

Is this something I have control over?

My fault appears with WiFi, hard wired & also using 4g

Dave

Hi James and thanks for reaching out. I’m still at a complete loss what to adjust. Nothing has changed my end. I get the fault with wifi, hard wired & 4g…

Help is appreciated

If your ping is very slow you can contact your service provider and have them test.

Thanks, my problem seems to be slow ping, going to try and get my ISP to sort it but does zwift only have US servers maybe one in Europe would be good. :thinking::crossed_fingers::kissing_closed_eyes:

Yes, Zwift uses Amazon Web Services and it’s only hosted in the US (West Coast if I recall correctly).

What is your speedtest.Net latency/ping result and where in the world are you @Peter_McMullan ?

My download speed is 36mbps and my ping is 12ms in Manchester UK.

But if I change the server to an LA server as suggested here : Completing an Internet SPEEDTEST®

It’s 150ms idle, 300ms DL and 600ms UL.

Zwiftalizer give me an average ping of somewhere between 400ms and 600ms.

2 Likes