Connection unstable

Curiously i used my laptop today that i hadn’t turned one drive off and got no errors so it isn’t one drive that was doing it.

My guess is the huge amount of group rides at the moment and it is killing zwifts servers, hopefully if you’re still getting issues they’ll end soon once the tour de zwift is over.

Hi Chris & thanks for the update. I did the TDZ at 1pm. In the start pen at for 7 mins and no issues. As soon as ride started was a complete pain with constant disconnections.

Been doing research & some folk change their Wi-Fi channel so I’ve tried to see if make any difference?

I’ll report back in if anything positive.

If that was 1pm UK time i’d have been there with you!

To be honest i don’t think the issue is with you and so changing anything your side won’t help.

I feel your pain, it is really annoying having the warnings come up all the time with no way of turning them off - hopefully if you’re anything like me they will just go away by themselves in a day or two.

Hi Chris yes was 1pm UK time…Possibly won’t change but nothing to lose in trying.

I’d have far more respect for Zwift if they came out & openly admitted the fault was at their end.

Have spent numerous hours this week trying to find a resolution for a service I’m paying for!

1 Like

I didn’t use zwift for about a month so today I downloaded all the updates and started riding a stage in Tour de Zwift when after a few minutes the “connection disconnected “ and “connection unstable “ messages started to pop up all the time. Reading the previous comments, this maybe related to Tour de Zwift. We’ll see if this problem goes away once the event ends…

I would put money on it being the Tour.

My setup is static and very stable, with my Zwift devices (ATV, iPad, computer) about 2-meters from my WiFi router. Most of the year, zero connection issues. During the tour? Somewhat regular “Connection Disconnected” messages, signifying a server connection issue. I’m a household of one with no WiFi interference so I’m going with something on the server, not client end.

Screen cap from an earlier stage, noting “Connection Disconnected” error, and –/607 rider position.

Exactly the same happening to me.

I had it twice today running in Paris with only 400 others in the world.

Did the TdZ yesterday and today. Yesterday one brief „Connection unstable“, today alternating „Connection unstable“ and „Connection disconnected“ during the entire ride including the after party (same setup for both rides).

I’m on Apple TV and don’t get log files. Would there be any hints on zwiftalyzer?

Same here with me. So damn frustrating for a service we’re paying for.

Why can’t Zwift do the honest thing & admit it’s their end.

All I get is check my internet speed and thank you for reporting!

Some of the replies are embarrassing from Zwift.

1 Like

I don’t think it is related to the world you are in but where other riders are.

Mine seems okay now but was a nightmare when the tour was in Maluri.

It has to be down to very large group rides and zwift not being able to handle it

I really feel your pain,. hopefully it’ll sort it self out for you as it did for me. I tried changing everything (even moved where my router was and turn all other electrical equipment in the house off - even the fridge!) nothing helped then one day it was fine again.

This is definitely a zwift issue

I tried to do stage 8 today. Arrived 15 mins before ride and I started getting that message. Between connection unstable and connection disconnected. I made sure all my BLE were shut off and ended up being late to the ride and about three or four times in the short course I got those messages. I have never seen those before. It was fine the last time I rode on January21.

Same with me Dave on ATV. What was a robust and reliable set up for at least 2 years has suddenly started to flash unstable connection 2 or 3 times per hour. Not only that, my rides are then not uploading automatically to Strava. Has any one else associated the connection issue with Strava upload issues?

Best to all
Jim

I did the 7am UK B ride in london this morning.

did 10 or so minutes around France before with no issue.
Joined in the pens with no issues.
as soon as the countdown hit 0 all the riders disappeared then reappeared and got the connection unstable warning.

then rest of the ride was fine with no warnings.

I’m fairly confident these warnings are due to the tour group rides going on and hopefully will end with the tour.

That would certainly be nice, but these issues shouldn’t even be happening during the Tour. There will be other large events coming up, and I don’t want to deal with this every time.

1 Like

Just to manage expectations, I’m rarely right!

1 Like

I’ve posted elsewhere - but just to confirm that I’ve asked this to be looked at.

6 Likes

Hello fellow frustrated Zwifters. Tonight I thought I’d try something different.

Did pace partner with 4g tethered off my phone.

Guess what still had the faults - so can’t be WiFi fault like Zwift Support constantly tell me!

another data point:

• was doing the bambino fondo on saturday feb 4, had lots of “connection disconnected” messages, but it didn’t seem to actually disconnect me from anything. it reported my “place” in the group as null (–) for a while, but i could still see riders/messages.
  • independently of the “connection disconnected” message, i also lost connectivity to my Tickr HRM (chest strap). i connect that via BLE, and it was in and out quite a bit during the fondo, and also a ride i did on sunday feb 5. this had been pretty rock-solid for more than a year leading up to this ride. (definitely possible that the HRM is just starting to give up the ghost, but suspicious that it happened at the same time as i saw my first “connection disconnected” message)