Connecting the Companion App to Life Fitness IC5

Hi again Stephen, since I last posted I’ve done many miles on Zwift with my IC6. I’m beginning to question the data shown in Zwift from my effort - Watts, distance covered etc. Have you found yours to be accurate? I’m thinking the new IC7 Direct Power version with a +/-1% is the best solution? Many thanks.

I’m not sure how accurate the ic6 power is. I saw videos where people claimed the power shown is too low. Since I don’t have any other power meters I have no comparison. Subjectively the it feels consistent between sessions which is the most important to me since this allows me to track progress and train consistently.
That said I do have the impression that especially in longer sessions and higher power the numbers tend to decline a bit. But that is only based on feel and totally subjective. I don’t think I’m a reliable judge after the 10th interval in the red zone…
But I would be really interested if you have any real numbers on this.

The data will not be accurate because these spin bikes do not have a real power meter. You would have to buy and install power meter pedals if they fit to any of the spin bikes you mentioned. Even then you would not benefit from automatic resistance changes which is what makes the zwift experience so good.

Thanks Fez. The IC6 does have a power meter that Zwift recognises but sadly it is reportedly +/-20% accuracy. I’ve looked at pedals but the signal from them may clash with the signal sent from the IC6 computer. Unless someone has done this successfully?

I may have to upgrade to an IC7. Or I enter dreamland and buy a Wattbike Atom…… or revert to Wahoo Kickr or similar and bike setup.

Ride safe, stay safe.

1 Like

They may call it a power meter but it isn’t. The best way in my opinion is a smart bike or a regular bike with a direct drive trainer.

Good day everyone,

I had exactly the same issue connecting IC6 bike to Zwift. Power and cadence were connecting, constantly searching, but no result. I have tried many Ant+ sticks and Ant+ enabled phones. I almost gave up on it…

I have 2017 year IC6 model with Wattrate computer 1.0 (colored screen, no physical buttons). I found out that the software was completely outdated, version 2.0. Online updating procedure is quite simple, you can read how to do it by searching google: ic7 bike update software

After updating Wattrate computer software version became 4.26 and cadence and power meters were connecting to Zwift with no problem. Hope this tip will help solve your problem.

Hi @Stephan_Krohn I’m intrigued how did you connect ipad mini…I have Ipad pro 2021 version, just bought a Coospo H6 BLE/ANT+ HRM and can’t get anything to connect to the IC5

1 Like

@Stephan_Krohn @Adam_Payne1 Did you have any solution? If it possible, please explain how to pair iOS (iPhone, IPad) to IC5? Many thanks.

Hi John. I bought the viiiiva hrm but have not been able to get data out of my ic5 sensors. The app detects the hrm but nothing else. Any advice? Thanks