Companion App Not Logging In

(Pat Slane) #1

I just joined Zwift.

Downloaded and installed the Desktop version which automatically created an account for me and logged me in. No problem so far. But when I try to run the Companion App from Google Playstore, I am unable to login. It keeps showing “Invalid email address or password”. If I try to use the “Forgot your password” link, I do not get any password reset email even though I did receive the welcome email from Zwift at the same address.

Very frustrating.

Can anyone help?

(Nigel Doyle) #2

The companion app uses the same login details as the desktop app. That said I’ve regularly had to repeat the signing in process a few times to successfully log in as it fails like you describe. One tip is to try an log in with your device as close as possible to your wifi transmitter. I often do this before going out to my garage to Zwift. This seems to work better.

(Pat Slane) #3

I’ve tried all the above. Logging out and in from the desktop app. Restarting Windows. Uninstalling and re-installing the companion app. Nothing helped. I can change the password when logged into my dashboard on the PC. However, I still get “Oops! Invalid email address or password” on the companion app no matter what I try.

I think something to note would be I cannot get a password reset email when I click on the “Forgot your password” link in the companion app. This seems to show that the companion app cannot find my account even though it has been created by the desktop app. Perhaps it’s something to do with the Zwift server?

Out of ideas.

(Nigel Doyle) #4

Suggest a support ticket with Zwift.

(No Login) #5

Had to create a new account just so I could post - my zwift account has been giving me “Invalid Username or password” since last night. Have requested password reset multiple times and no mail coming through. Yes I have checked my spam filter. Extremely frustrating as I know for sure that I am entering correct credentials. I have raised a ticket but the response won’t reach me in time to let me have a ride tonight. Opportunities for me to ride aren’t plentiful. I am posting here to let it be known that Paul is not alone.

(Vincent W.) #6

Hey @Pasil did you end up getting your issue solved via support conversation?

(Pat Slane) #7

No. Support gave me the typical cut and paste template solutions even though I clearly detailed in my support request that I had tried all of them as indicated in the troubleshooting FAQ.

Subsequently, I was able to log in the next day. However, this morning the bug came back again and as of now I cannot log in.

(Pat Slane) #8

Thanks for the corroboration. I’m sorry you missed your ride. It’s happening again now after 2 days of no issues. Really irritating having to miss a ride when you’re trapped by the weather, after getting out of bed and having prepped everything only to find out you can’t log in. At the rate this is happening, I just don’t feel confident signing up after the trial.