Clubs Update: June Recap

By the end of this week they said above.

1 Like

I’ve obviously lost track of time as I thought it was supposed to be the end of last week :sweat_smile: But you’re right. Hopefully we’ll see something tomorrow in that case

yep did the same was ready to start chasing but will leave that for tomorrow evening :smiley:

It feels like we’re so close to having some key functionality that would make a huge difference to the Zwift experience for a lot of people. Fingers crossed there’s a good Clubs update around the corner :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Yes, totally with you @Chris_Jupp_T2.5

I’m still chasing internally for an update. Apologies to keep to all waiting!

4 Likes

While we are waiting, is there any way to stop a club sending invites. I have two friends who have had at least 3 invites from the same club they are just spamming out invites.

Or even if somebody can get in touch with them to tell them to stop harassing other riders. Am i better to raise a ticket for it?

1 Like

I think the best solution is they should set it so you can only send invites if the club is invite only. Join and Apply should have the feature disabled.

there might already be a solution already i believe you can report a club which zwift must look at

We’re looking at this currently. Two of them especially.

1 Like

@Ryan_Scannell Will it be possible to select every route when creating club events in the future ie some of the downhill routes and event only stuff

ok @Ryan, what could we do to speed up the process and developement of clubs?

1 Like

Any idea on expected timing to get an update on things?

On another note, has it been flagged that the Clubs notifications are not working for a fair number of people? Despite companion app notifications being on (receiving upcoming ride etc.) and Club specific notifications set to on they aren’t getting Club chat or most importantly new event creation notifications. From those I speak to they are on Android devices.

@Ryan_Scannell any updates?

Yup any news on this? There was some really good cadence and comms for Clubs and a lot was done in a short period, would be a real shame for that to disappear.

Personal improvements would be:

• More workout options
  • Fix broken notification system
  • Full suite of event toggles (double draft, no draft, keep together, etc etc)

Last news were from Ryan 14 days ago, hes chasing internal for news. So we still have to wait for some Infos

@Ryan_Scannell

Is there a new timeframe to expect an update?

As I’ve said before these monthly updates were great as even if progress wasn’t being made at least the interaction with the community was there. I was quite hopeful with the last status update that things like the rubber banding option would be available in the near to medium future.

I hope it’s recognised the amount of extra work that many clubs still have to go through to set banded rides up through the regular meet-ups. This one feature would certainly save our club a lot of headaches each week.

I’d prefer we were told that the team has been assigned to higher priority projects and clubs development is on hold rather than being constantly disappointed all the time by lack of progress or updates.

2 Likes

Agreed. My club does indoor workouts over winter, following a few of the programs available. We always use the rubber band option for these to keep folks together. Our C riders also do group rides with rubber band.

It would be much easier to just post these on our club schedule and who ever wants to join joins vs having to send individual invites to each member. Someone ends up being missed out usually and there’s a last minute scramble to add them. But without rubber band option we can’t do this.

1 Like

Yes I’m totally with you on the last minute rush and it’s also if we have someone new leading a ride then there’s the additional logistics of ensuring everyone follows them in the first place.

2 Likes

Would love to be able to change in which club my activity is shown after it has been saved as i sometimes miss out to choose directly while saving a ride.