Chat language translation

After seeing a number of chats occuring in different languages during a ride today… I thought an interesting feature request might be to have Zwift translate messages into the language of the various users. So if I speak English and someone writes something in German, their message is translated to English for me.

Sounds cool to me!!

All of the chat used to be in English, every ride that I have done this week has been in a different language, very frustrating.

should be able to install an AI translator here? How?

I speak English and computer languages; I understand some French; I’m in a Zwift group where German is used a lot. I’d like to understand this. It’s all part of international cooperation and fulfillment and peace. Understanding each other is the first step towards having peaceful, productive relationships. I’d also like to understand comments written in Spanish; Spanish is a dominant language in USA and the Americas … in the last few years, I gather that most translation algorithms in computing are AI based. Can Zwift somehow use on of these or make it easy to send text to Google’s Translate app on the phone? Or, is there a way to use Google’s Translate app in parallel to Zwift. I see that translate app can be used for conversations in voice.

It’s an interesting idea but how do you know that the translation will be meaningful.

Not everyone may be writing their language perfectly and the translation quality might suffer or heaven forbid give something obscenely wrong. :wink:

Some languages won’t show at all due to the character sets they use, though you will see them in companion app.