Changes to Zwift Subscription Renewals [May 2024]

With Zwifts track record on flip flopping on internal decisions (XP) maybe this will get flopped back to the old price.

4 Likes

Just cancelled my yearly subscription, ā‚¬199 is just too much for the value delivered by Zwift

4 Likes

If Iā€™ve just done the maths correctly and itā€™s been six years since the hike to Ā£12.99 from ~Ā£7.99, this outrageous hike to Ā£17.99 is the equivalent of just over 5.5% increase each year.

4 Likes

Well, they didnā€™t increase since 2017. 33% is heavy, but I looked at the inflation in Austria - since Jan 2018 31,37%.
Be honest - who did not increase price since 2017?

No questions but a 38% price hike mean that myself and 5 colleages have all just cancelled subscriptions. Would seems that cost cutting isnā€™t enough. Zwift continues to struggle financially and prove that there is profit in sight for investors.

I am lucky enough to be able to afford it but out of principle wonā€™t be handing over my cash there is no value there. For the people saying the same in comments but will pay up I think your foolish. Supporting businesses like this isnā€™t good.

7 Likes

I upgraded to annual subs earlier this week and have an email confirmation showing the old pricing. I sincerely hope the email I received today saying Zwift was adjusting this upwards in line with the new subs. Surely this is a breech in our agreement and not something one would expect from a large corporate.

If there only was a sign that they will do useful stuff with all the moneyā€¦
But expensive detours into hardware and sponsoring every cycling podcast under the sun whilst ignoring every feature request in this forum for years gives me no good vibes.
Bye for now.

12 Likes

I used Zwif for quite a long time. Even the previous rise made me thinking alot, back then you gave the old users a few month until the new fares attend. Here just givinā€™ a month is a nogoā€¦

Bye Zwift - ya lost another long going customer. Thanks everybody for all rideons.
Hope to see one or others on Rouvyā€¦

Cheers!

2 Likes

I changed to annual yesterday and received a confirmation email to show the old rate. Today I received an updated email simply stating they were adjusting my transaction upwards. If they think they can go in breach of my agreement, I suggest you will be nailed with the updated fee.

:wave: 8 chars

2 Likes

Just unsubscribed. I only occasionally Zwift as part of my overall fitness work and Ā£18 a month for something I use occasionally is too much. Going to give one of the free alternatives a go.

6 Likes

I do believe Zwift no longer want peoples custom, no company will survive trying to impose a 38% increase in service charges.

I, for one, am cancelling my subscription as of today and will move to another platform.

I am not Zwifts money making machine!!!

5 Likes

Someone need a set of Zwift Plays? Gonna invest the money in a long bib. :wink:

2 Likes

The writing is writ large Iā€™d guess judging by Pelotonā€™s share price - although now I check it, it seems to have rallied in the past week. Prior to that it has about halved in the past year (mind you, thatā€™s nothing compared to how low it is compared to 3 years agoā€¦)

1 Like

First of all, i didnt have many troubles zwifting since oct '23, when i purchased the Zwift Hub Classic with a 1year Sub for 650ā‚¬ in a Bundle, with the option to continue the subscription for another 150ā‚¬. Back then the Zwift Hub One came out around the same time, and i chose the Classic cause i thought that it would be a easy way to combine my trainingplans i get from TP, nothing much to play around with 2-3 different programs (Garmin, TP, Zwift, Wahoo (or any other Smarttrainer)), simply plug and play.

Today i got the Mail for the Price increase from 150ā‚¬ to 200ā‚¬ a year. First bummer.

Edit: Misinformation on my side, still a bummer a price increase of over 30%.

1 Like

Im somewhat taken back by the outrage of a Ā£5 a month increase.
5 quidā€¦you probably spend more on electricity boiling your kettle to make a cuppa T each day.

5 quid increase since 2017
Personally i dont care much what price it goes to, its more than worth it for me for the amount of enjoyment i get out of Zwift.

If you dont like it, go elsewhere and use another platformā€¦theyā€™re sure to be buzzing with users

5 Likes

Your Zwift Hub classic is compatible with pretty much all of the software products that compete with Zwift.

1 Like

Outside keepin it classy, huh? Not a surprise.

Anyone whoā€™s looking to throw their Hub away should contact meā€“I have $30 with their name on it :smiley:

1 Like

Donā€™t confuse firmware updates with the ability to use your trainer. The Zwift hub will continue to work as it does today for the foreseeable future. My Wahoo Kickr hasnt had a firmware update in over 2 and a half years and still works just fine. You will be able to use the hub on any other software too.

2 Likes